Sign in to follow this  
markvvq

Problem after contour cutting Graphtec CE5000-60

Well I was told by US Cutter that they couldn't help me. Hopefully someone here will know what might have caused my problem.

After contour cutting, using Robo Master Pro software the plotter has the "rotate" command toggled to on. This caused the width of the vinyl to be reported as the length. It also sets the orgin to lower left instead of right. I can go in and change the setting to off which corrects the problem but I want to know why this is happening in the first place.

On a possitive note, I am totally impressed with how perfectly the cutter contour cuts. I ordered Flexi starter 10 before I got the Robo Master configured but have not received it yet. I wish there was more info out there on contour cutting. Any help or suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks,

Mark

Once you get the Flexi Disc there is a whole PDF on contour cutting. I printed mine and use it as a reference all the time.

I got the disk today and got it installed. Will have to figure it all out. I was told by Graphtec that their Robo Master software is not very good ( I was surprised to hear that from them). He said not to many people use it with the bigger machines. When you use it for contour cutting it does change the plotter and you have to change it back. ( Would be nice if they mentioned that in the directions in bold print) . I'm looking forward to having good cutting experiences with Flexi. It was very easy to design in Corel and send directly to the cutter. I assume I have to export than import into Flexi and change the plotter to HP-GL but I haven't delved into the software at all yet. I'm about to look at some utube vids and read some of Skeeters imformative posts.

Mark

I have been using Flexi for about 8 months and thought I knew what I was doing until I printed the manual... There are so many shortcuts and awesome pointers... Also in the Contributions section there is an AWESOME tutorial that goes over a lot of really nice features.

I only have flexi starter. I didn't see any great tutorials on it at all. I did see a great tut on an older version of pro but not sure if it works the same. I will have some time tomorrow to play and hopefully figure out contour cutting. I have discovered that you have to make the border of bitmaps invisible or the contour is square instead of the shape of the file. I suppose Robo does that step on the fly. After viewing the full vers it did make me want it but no way I could spend that much money on it.

Here is a link to the tut http://www.givemehelp.com/fullflexi8demo.html

Mark

Yes that is the tutorial... And from what I have seen many of the shortcuts in 8 will work with 10. Most of them are carried over... I am rusty on decimal values from fractions so being able to just punch in 7/8 in the dimensions is really nice. From what I have read the main difference in 10 is they added a lot of vectorizing features but haven't seen much more that wasn't available in 8.6 v2