Dragonduster

Wifi logo 2 color different size?

i vectorized this logo of wifi with black and white colors, after i cut it with signblazer, the inside (white) part was bigger than the black one, didnt fit it anymore, could someone check it? im attaching the EPS and a pic of the logo.

the white cut is bigger than the black, sorry for the blurry image, but i think one can still see the difference =)

WiFi Zone.eps

post-24904-0-33317600-1337984220.jpg

well there is only one problem, i only wanted it 1 layered, not put the white one on the black one :P the file u attached me seems like it would fit perfectly, i dont know since in the black one wasnt the cut of the white part

From the high quality picture it looks like an alignment problem. Did you use registration marks to get the layers lined up?

haha well just lazy looking for it, but still the logo is easy to make. but the problem isnt about making the logo, but when cutting it the white part was bigger than the black part.

@coaster

i didnt use any alignment mark since i was cutting black and white separated, when installing, i would install the black then the white and it should fit, in the vector, they fit each other, but when cutting, the white one was cut a little bigger than black one, the file cowboy uploaded they seem to fit each other, but since the black one doesnt have the white part cut out, it would be a 2 layered logo instead of one and "i think" the more layers, the more easy they will peel when cleaning the window.... right?

If you have more then one color of vinyl in a single graphic its a layered graphic. No matter how they are stacked/cut/layered whatever. It just depends how you want it to cut and how much work you want to do.

You had two colors, white and black. The alignment was more then likely off. Adding registration marks helps this.

Im going to work with your file and see what happens.

Heres my insanely quick cut of your logo. Keep in mind im over the legal limit to operate the cutter but the sizing was just fine. My theory of bad alignment still stands. The only thing I changed with your decal was the addition of registration marks.

Heres how to add your own.

Pick a shape, any shape and add two of them, three or even four count them four but at least two. In two spots on the graphic. The trick is to make the marks a different color then anything you are cutting, think new layer. Heres the trick. Select the layer you want to cut WITH the registration mark color. So it cuts both of them at the same time. Keeping your alignment perfect. Then when you cut everything use the marks or shapes you made to help you line every layer up. Then when your done you just cut out the marks.

Disclaimer: Any errors In my decal are from either my hasty weeding or caused from removing the mask. No error was with the graphic, just the installer.

post-23799-0-57821600-1337995561.jpg

Just to be clear, cowboy was correct in the way it should be cut. The end result would have been the same with a whole lot less work.

The people here are usually trying to help.

i would say alignment if the "Wi" were the same size as in the hole and werent palced right, in the picture i show, u can see the right side of the W fits inside the W of the black vinyl, but as it goes left side, the white vinyl wont fit anymore, since its a little bigger.

what cutting software did you use? i used signblazer and when i press the "cut" button to go into the preview, it split it in 2 colors, when i press the white color one, all the white part goes to the botom left size instead of where it should be in the logo, once i get home i will post screenshots of how it looks so you can help me if you used the same software :P

and thanks for doing that cut and help me.

Just to be clear, cowboy was correct in the way it should be cut. The end result would have been the same with a whole lot less work.

The people here are usually trying to help.

yes, i though of it first, but i wanted to practice doing it the other way because there will be customers who wants it the way i am saying, others wont mine the way cowboy said it and its easier too but there is no point in practicing it layering on top of the other vinyl when a customer ask you to place it inside of the first layer of vinyl.

i just want to be sure i will be able to do it any way the customer wants it. i dont have anything right now, but i was just looking at the future :P

Can you try cutting it with registration marks? Then watch some youtube videos on how to layer vinyl. Then post a clear picture of the end result.

I used signblazer. Theres nothing wrong with the your logo or the way you cut it. 99% sure the error is with layering.

Having the graphic layered like cowboy wanted isnt going to cause any problems with cleaning windows. Your talking 3 millimeters here. Thats not very much. A customer isnt going to know the difference. You need to learn the better way of doing the layering. And its the easier way. The way you cut the logo is hard and there isnt any benefit to doing it that way. Your just going to kill yourself lining everything up.

Again. People here ARE TRYING TO HELP.

i am home now, i will try to cut it with the registration marks, here is the first logo that i put together in acrylic to see how it looks. the F should be aligned with the left side, and it doesnt fit

i know everyone is here to help, thats why i am asking, or i wouldnt even bother to ask, i know people are busy and all, i just want to know more about this.

post-24904-0-66407000-1338001746.jpg

here is the screenshot to the preview of the cutting, the white one is at the bottom left instead of where it should be, like in the pic 2

post-24904-0-64476300-1338004338.jpg

post-24904-0-33350400-1338004348.jpg

In the cutter setup, there is a 'Fit to Origin" setting that is making it do that. If you uncheck it your graphic will cut where ever it is in relation to the lower left corner of the pink frame.

thanks, that helped with position, i think i will wait for the keyspan until i make more test, i did a test again but smaller cut and it was a little bit bigger, hardly noticeable, maybe because i have it usb to usb connected. thanks for the help guys. i appreciate it.

Is it going on white background? If it is, just cut both the black and white at the same time. (Hold ctrl down and select both) Then weed out the white.

i can do that with the black only, cut the black one and just weed the parts where the white would go, it will go in a transparent door, thats why i was testing in the acrylic, i will just have to do it like cowboy said at first, i wanted to do it the other way tho, that way from inside it will look just the same, but reversed :P

All you did is open the file in signblazer and that was the final cut? With the white that much bigger? It wasnt that much bigger the first time.

Youll have to explain step by step what you do to cut. You must be clicking something wrong.

As for installing the decal on a door, If you were interested in if looking pleasent from the inside, I would just add another graphic inside the store. Cutting it your way adds a lot more work for someone just starting out.

yes, all i did was open it with signblazer, press the cut button, and in the left side it shows the black and white color, i cut them separately, first the black then the white.

i just installed it in the door with just the black one, didnt fill with the white color, but its hard to recognize too, i will change it to a more light blue later once i get that color.

You must have clicked something. I cut the exact file you posted and there was nothing wrong with the sizing.

I really suggest you add some type of registration mark. Like I said above. Just hold control and select the mark color and the color you want to cut. This will keep sizing and placement correct.

mmm.... i though it could be because i was connected via usb, btw the defaul size is around 2" and i made it 6" in the first pic, thats how it was most noticeable about sizes, with the 2" there wasnt that much difference, hardly noticed it.

when you make the registration mark, what color should i make it? because if i make it black, it wiont show in the white bar, i will try it adding a white and black in the same place, one above the other and see how it works once i get home

Oh so you resized it. Did you select the whole graphic and resize it? Or are you making each color bigger?

Before you go to the cut screen go to edit(i think) and hit select all then size it to what you need. This way is selects everything and sizes it correctly.

Then add your registration marks. The color can be anything other then the colors of the decal you want to cut. So in this case the marks can be anything except white and black. It doesnt matter what color anything is, itll cut whatever color is in the machine. So lets say you make the marks red. Add 2 marks like the ones I did. Now go to the cut screen and select the color you want to cut, say white first. Then hold control and click the red color, that will make your cutter cut both the red marks and the white graphic. Then just repeat with black, and the red. Just to make sure, use the colors on the top left, It should show all the colors in the graphic.

So in the end youll have the black WI and shapes with two registration marks on top. Then youll have the white FI with two registration marks on top. Then just add your APP tape to one color and layer it on top of the other color and use your marks to line everything up.

Go to youtube and watch some vinyl layering videos. Itll help explain everything.

the first ime i resized it, when i imported it, i selected all making a square a lot bigger than the image, then below there is the size, so i pressed 6 in the bigger number and it increased the other number automaticaly, but with the second try it was the default size. and thank you for explaining how the ctrl works!!! i always wanted to know how to select all the graphic and not just 1, i will try it again with the registration mark

Watch the videos first. Ive seen some explain registration marks. It might help you save vinyl.