Sign in to follow this  
PointOfExpression

Need help with Mask

Hey everyone! I bought some of the sparkle vinyl from SW since uscutter was out of stock. I cut about 50 stickers so far and when I went to mask them, I wanted to test one. The mask will not lift the vinyl from the backing. I use medium tack tape. Please help!

It is need asap as it is for a client!

try a different approach...you don't lift the vinyl from the backing, you peel the backing AWAY from the vinyl. it makes a big difference. And make sure you squeegee the transfer tape good on the vinyl.

Yes, I have done so.. Squeegee, finger, nails, tried it all. I have just the greenstar mask. I also tried our clear mask that we have and I could literally peal it right off the vinyl with it even pealing up one letter (also tried pealing the backing away with the same result)

I don't know anything about Greenstar, Hope you can get your problem figured out, maybe some one who has used both items can chime in...

I use the greenstar tape here and there and it is very hit and miss on the rolls if you get a good one or not. Some are great and some is as tacky as copy paper. If it's a cheaper vinyl that has an affect on it also. I have some really cheap carbon fiber stuff I bought off ebay and even the High Tack stuff won't peel that off the backing.

I have been using R-tape 4076 and it is a high tack tape with this same vinyl, you will have to do as was already posted, squeegee hard and peel the backing from the transfer tape. some times I will have to re-squeegee individual letters. also this is a very important thing, make sure you are NOT cutting into the backing paper, just a almost unnoticeable mark is all you need. If you cut too deeply it will grab the paper around each letter and make it almost impossible to remove. good luck Rick