msmix

Vinyl for Bounce Around

I have only used garment vinyl up until now and I want to be sure I'm clear on how to use vinyl that is not heat applied. I have a customer that wants a phone number in 12" letters applied to one of those blow up vinyl bounce arounds that people rent for kids parties and such. I have oracal 751 cast vinyl that I purchased but have not used yet. Will that work? Do I just cut the numbers, weed, apply transfer tape and give to my customer with instructions to apply? Any suggestions on transfer tape - I have Green Star Layflat Classic tape but it is only 6 in wide so I assume I will need to order some 12" or a little wider maybe to cover the larger letters unless it will work to cover each letter and overlap the tape? Thanks!

751 should work fine.. as far as overlaping your tape i have done it in the past and had no problems with it during the install.. just run it the full length of the phone number. then go back and lay it about 2 " overlaping..

Whenever I overlap I butt the two pieces of tape to each other and then add a strip to the top. This is the way Ive done it from day one. I read if you over lap them it will cause tiny bubbles where they overlapped.