my4turtles

can you transfer silhouette SD designs

Before i got my new plotter i had my Silhouette Sd is there anyway to import those design's i have 1000's and i have brought every one of them so i would like to be able to use them for my new machine. Anyone have any ideas.. Thank you

Does your SD software let you export as any other format? If you can export as .eps, .dxf or .ai you could import them to other software.

What format are they in? I thought I read those machines used a .svg file. you can open those with inkscape and export as a eps

http://www.quillingpatch.com/2008/10/11/gsd-file-converter-102-for-graphtec-robo-master-download/

I got that from a quick google search... Looks like it will convert them to the .svg which you can then open in inkscape then save as an .eps..... about 1/4 of the way down the page above the sure cuts a lot logo is the actual download link I would have just posted the link here but don't know if its allowed... I downloaded the .zip and scanned it it is virus free.. I opened it but don't have any .gsd files to make an attempt for you.