koletsb

Have pdf's but lots of extra cuts?

I was given these three images by a customer in a pdf so they are already cuttable but the problem is that they are to be die cut and layered and they are in so many pieces that it has been very difficult to create. I was wondering if anyone could help me clean up the images so I am able to to the separate layers and then create the final product.

Hopefully this makes sense

Thanks

Brandon

SDSU_Logo_Collection1 (dragged).pdf

SDSU_Logo_Collection_21 (dragged) 1.pdf

SDSU_Logo_Collection_21 (dragged).pdf

They are still in a whole bunch of pieces making them not look as clean. Thanks for the attempt

Brandon

I have no problem opening them. My problem was when I would cut them out, it would cut extra lines through the letters that I did not need.

Give this a shot... All the layers needed to be separated and welded by color. All the extra lines was due to the fact it was being layered.

I also eliminated the background so you may have to put another rectangle behind it.

SDSU.eps

Give this a shot... All the layers needed to be separated and welded by color. All the extra lines was due to the fact it was being layered.

I also eliminated the background so you may have to put another rectangle behind it.

PERFECT! If you don't mind, how did you 'weld' the colors together?

I use Flexi and its under effect. I know you can do it with SignBlazer also I just forget exactly where it is found. Just select the whole image and weld by color. There were a couple extra "outlines" that I just deleted looked like they were only there for shadowing effect.

I found this just by searching on the internet, This was a question on weld for CS4

Under Window on the menu make sure that your "Pathfinder" is checked. Then select the two objects you want to weld and press the button that looks like to boxes that have been welded. If you put your mouse over the button it will show the name is Unite. Hope this helps.

That merges the paths (combines/groups them). It does not, however, "weld" them. For that there tool called merge in the center on the bottom row of the little pathfinder menu.

Depending on what you need both tools are helpful. If you need to merge two paths for say cutting then the Merge tool is the way to go. If you just want to combine the paths and would like control over the nodes that overlap then the Unite tool helps in that sense.

Oh also make sure that the paths are made up of the same color or the tools won't work properly.

Also, notice the tool tips when you hover over the icons in the pallet. The same icon will perform different functions when you combine with a key modifier.

I found this just by searching on the internet, This was a question on weld for CS4

Under Window on the menu make sure that your "Pathfinder" is checked. Then select the two objects you want to weld and press the button that looks like to boxes that have been welded. If you put your mouse over the button it will show the name is Unite. Hope this helps.

That merges the paths (combines/groups them). It does not, however, "weld" them. For that there tool called merge in the center on the bottom row of the little pathfinder menu.

Depending on what you need both tools are helpful. If you need to merge two paths for say cutting then the Merge tool is the way to go. If you just want to combine the paths and would like control over the nodes that overlap then the Unite tool helps in that sense.

Oh also make sure that the paths are made up of the same color or the tools won't work properly.

Also, notice the tool tips when you hover over the icons in the pallet. The same icon will perform different functions when you combine with a key modifier.

I have a lot to learn in AI and sign cutting in general but this will help me so much, at least with the last 3 or 4 customers that I have had.

I need to start utilizing google more aswell

I don't use google... I use a search engine, called dogpile.com It includes google and about 14 other search engines. More powerful I ask a question in the search bar. Such as,,,, how do you weld in adobe illustrator? Many answers came up fast. . Same thing with looking for fonts. Or most any answer.

In learning this trade Google, Youtube, and THIS FORUM.... Will be your best friends. There are also a lot of step by steps in the Instructional Section along with if you take some time and go through the section for the software you use you can learn a lot. I learn by just clicking on stuff and seeing exactly what it does. I have taught myself many very useful things by just blindly clicking on things.

I think I have actually read you talking about that before Skeeter, I will start using it and see how it goes.

I think I have actually read you talking about that before Skeeter, I will start using it and see how it goes.

I find that this site saves me alot of time. I have it saved in my favorites Includes dogpile and many other useful sites

http://www.gnet.com/

Great tip! I just had a problem with intersecting paths! I'm pretty new with AI so I didn't even know what to search for. I just saved a jpeg and opened it up in Vector Magic. lol

I find that this site saves me alot of time. I have it saved in my favorites Includes dogpile and many other useful sites

http://www.gnet.com/

whats the difference between gnet and dog pile

whats the difference between gnet and dog pile

they are different websites.

Click on the link I gave above, and you are looking at Gnet.com , which has grouped several other websites together in 1 place. Such as dogpile.