koletsb

Vinyl taking the waxy backing with it?

I couldn't get the best picture but it shows enough. The vinyl is taking the backing paper with it but its not being cut all the way through. If you look at it from the back, there is no cut all the way through. This is also making it very difficult to peel the decal off with the application tape.

I hope this is making sense, thanks for the help again

Brandon

post-21050-0-52417000-1333676122.jpg

Looks like the backing paper is being cut into .. At most , ONLY a mark should be made in the backing paper . Try less blade exposure & more pressure . Skeeter might type how to adjust the blade by hand again , but I have typed that more than enough . Search for it or search Skeeter's content ( she has typed it more than anybody :) ) . Not being negative , just some things have been repeated a bazillion , quadtrillion times already :lol:

Looks like the backing paper is being cut into .. At most , ONLY a mark should be made in the backing paper . Try less blade exposure & more pressure . Skeeter might type how to adjust the blade by hand again , but I have typed that more than enough . Search for it or search Skeeter's content ( she has typed it more than anybody :) ) . Not being negative , just some things have been repeated a bazillion , quadtrillion times already :lol:

LOL Roger. and I personally taught my son how to do it today.. :rolleyes: He has a new Graphtec CE-5000-60. received yesterday.

Yes, I have read them many times, I just assumed that since the blade never went through to the back then it wasn't that, but I will adjust it more when I get back.

It is cutting too deep is my first impression. Also at times if it is humid it will cause this. I change knife's weekly on all my cutters .as well test cuts every day to make sure the depth is correct as even though its not cutting through the backing it can still be set too deep. Another thing if you run a different vinyl ie. change from an Avery cast then load say a calandered FMC intermediate you will have to readjust your knife. Sorry for the rambling not knowing your experience, I thought I would try to give you some food for thought. Also if the decal gets wet will cause this.

Cheers

ahhhhh , you have left decals out overnight also :) .

It is cutting too deep is my first impression. Also at times if it is humid it will cause this. I change knife's weekly on all my cutters .as well test cuts every day to make sure the depth is correct as even though its not cutting through the backing it can still be set too deep. Another thing if you run a different vinyl ie. change from an Avery cast then load say a calandered FMC intermediate you will have to readjust your knife. Sorry for the rambling not knowing your experience, I thought I would try to give you some food for thought. Also if the decal gets wet will cause this.

Cheers

I only use oracal 651 for now so that won't be an issue but thanks for the info when I do get into different items

ahhhhh , you have left decals out overnight also :) .

What do you mean by this? These decals were printed and then app tape was applied directly after. Yes the decals have now been sitting on the table over night but Im a little confused how this changes anything.

Read the last sentence of VRPRO's post & see if that helps .

I don't think it was wet so, I adjusted the pressure and blade depth for now and I will let you know how it goes. Thanks again

I was saying to VPPRO , he has left the decals outside also .