Sign in to follow this  
neeboy74

I wanna 2500, but need some answers first

Hello to all:

After some exhaustive research I am veeeeery close to buying a 2500, but here's what I need to know:

1) I am an expert AutoCAD user.  I have read that the files need to be exported out of AutoCAD to .AI or .EPS.  Does anyone out there have enough experience doing that?

2) Can the 2500 use things like crayons/markers to plot instead of cut?

3)  I would really like to do Kirigami (folded paper sculpture) and to do that I would need to have a cutter be very accurate, because I would need to feed paper through one way, make a  very shallow "scoring-cut" (for easier folding) and then re-insert the same paper for a different cut on the other side.  I'm not clear on what kind of registration system the 2500 has (if any).  I know the there is a new "lasercut" model but I like the 2500's stronger cutting force.

Anyone have any thoughts?  Thanks in advance for any replies!  :tyvm:

The Copam can be loaded with a crayon or sharpie, or anything else you can modify to put in the carriage arm in place of the blade holder for plotting. You can also set the blade depth with the blade holder, so it will only score your material, then readjust the blade depth as necessary for other cuts, or even use the downforce adjustment for fine tuning. Not sure about how the file import works with CAD, I have never tried that.

You can export a file from AutoCad using the export command. There are several options as to what file format you can export it to, EPS is one of those formats. You could also plot to a file, EPS format, using the plot command. There is also an option to plot to a raster format.

If you're willing to share, you could post one of your files. Someone on this forum might be willing to try to run the file and provide their results to you.

I'm using ADT 2007 and straight AutoCad 2007. If you need a hand with the file I woud be glad to take a look.

Guest Terry

Flexi - Import Coreldraw files, Illustrator files, DXF, DWG, AI, EPS etc.

Export to EPS, AI, DXF, PLT, etc.

I would like to try the file also.