Sign in to follow this  
BamBam82

Wavy lines on edges of diagnal letters. How to fix?

I own a US Cutter MH 871 and when I cut letters such as an A, W, N and M the diagnal lines are wavy. Is there a way to fix this?

Can you watch the machine closely and see what is going on maybe? Is the carriage moving funny? Does the blade move within the holder? We need more info on what part is actually causing the movement in order to better diagnose it.

This is called scalloping. Though I don't know the MH series, there should be a way to adjust for it (...maybe? :huh: )

On my machine (Ioline) there are two screws in the carriage that hold a small rod -- this is one of the rods that the blade head slides down on, so if it becomes loose, your lines probably will be too ;) . You loosen the screws, pull the rod to tighten any slack that occurs, and then tighten the screws to hold the rod in place.

But if the MH is different, I could just be wasting your time :lol: .

http://www.ioline.com/support/s88_clsc/s88_clsc_faq.html (towards the bottom)

I have included a link to the IOLINE how-to -- in case there is a small chance that the MH works in a similar way...

If it is similar, play around with it. If I pull too tight on my machine, the head won't drop down because of too much resistance, so I had to find that sweet spot.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

mine did it too i slowed the cut speed down when doing these letters and all fixed was cutting at 400 now cut 300