2CRGrafhix

Help with Signblazer! Please!!!

I have had this program for almost a year and have had the same cutter: Signblazer & USCutter Laserpoint. I Love Signblazer and haven't had any trouble with it or my cutter. Until...all of a sudden it freezes up in the cut screen and I have to reboot the whole computer to close the program.

I can work in the program and go to the cutter screen, if I have to cut multiple colors or make more than one cut once I have entered the cutter screen it just locks up and won't do anything. I can't close the program, I can't get out of the cutter screen, I can't even close the program using task manager.

Nothing works! I have uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times. I even tried installing the update and the patch I found in the Signblazer forum. I am so frustrated!!!!!

Can someone please help me? I have lots of work and this is really slowing the process.

I am running Win XP Pro.

Sounds like you are using usb connection. Next freeze just unplug the usb cable that should unfreeze it. Use the serial connection if you have it. Then no more problems.

Sounds like you are using usb connection. Next freeze just unplug the usb cable that should unfreeze it. Use the serial connection if you have it. Then no more problems.

+1

• Like 1

Can't thank you enough for your help. I finally found the serial cable for my cutter and connected it to my computer. No more USB for the Laserpoint!! It works like perfectly! Thanks again for your help!!! So glad was just that simple, it usually never is! The cutter gods were smiling on me today :lol:

Hello Dan,

Thanks for the welcome! :D

Just a little FYI, I haven't had any more freeze ups or any other problems whatsoever since I changed the cutter connection to my computer using the serial cable. Oh happy happy!

Thanks again. Have a wonderful Day!

I started out using USB on my PCut and had the same issues. Once I changed to a serial conection I have never had a communication problem.

My company is buying a new $80k flatbed plotter/cutter guess what type of connection it uses? You guessed it, serial.

• Like 1

I for one am glad to see the serial connection making a come back! I always found them to be reliable and didn't seem to have "driver" issues. In the good ole days that was the connection of choice for most things. My "antique" Flat Bed HP ScanJet had an optional serial connection, and yes it still works! Great for emergencies! LOL. You just never know! The resolution is a little small but that can all be fixed with the aid of Adobe & or Corel.

I for one am glad to see the serial connection making a come back! I always found them to be reliable and didn't seem to have "driver" issues. In the good ole days that was the connection of choice for most things. My "antique" Flat Bed HP ScanJet had an optional serial connection, and yes it still works! Great for emergencies! LOL. You just never know! The resolution is a little small but that can all be fixed with the aid of Adobe & or Corel.

My New Star om60 is running on lpt works great. My pcut on serial never a glitch from the get go (except for my gee what a dumb a-- moments)

• Like 1