simplyme

Windows 7/Signblazer Elements Cutting Errors

When I first started with SB and US Cutter, I found I couldn't use the USB port to transfer files. Things just went 'wonky'. It would cut part of the design then it would just cut a line to the right side of the design and stop. The screen on the cutter would continually say, 'waiting'. So, I started using a serial port. It Worked Great! Now, a few years later, New Computer - no serial ports. So I'm using a USB to serial adapter and we've gone back to the old way - Every design gets messed up. what can I do to fix it?

Is your new computer a desktop or laptop? If its a desktop you could always add a serial card. Not sure if you could with a laptop.

Yes, it is a desktop. Thanks, I'll see if I can McGyver one of my old computers. Sometimes the easiest answers seem so hard.

Thanks.

I agree , that is why I always like to hear other's perspectives :lol::thumbsup:

Actually, I don't know if it would fit. The tower is only 4 inches wide.

I just installed a serial card into my new desktop and the card was roughly about 2 inches wide. Simple to check open her up! and if you have an empty slot your good to go .

Serial card is probably the cheapest answer. Another option is to buy a keyspan adapter. It turns a USB port on your computer to a Serial Port.

I have 2 USB to serial adapters plugged in right now. That's what I've been using. Still no luck. I've uninstalled and reinstalled SB numerous times, nada.

Don't remember what post it was but if memory serves me right the way I understood the post is that a keyspan or adapter just emulates a serial connection but in fact it is not a true serial connection. Don't ask me to explain but I'm sure there are tech wizards here that could chime in. So bottom line , if your machine has room for a card, install it.

i just had to get a new computer it has windows 7 when i go to cut it reacts like im off line (pcut630) when i go to set up my usb options are usb001 & usb002 my computer shows port001 and hub001 what am i missing I NEED TO CUT HELP!!!

We are having the same issues running Win7 64Bit laptop and cannot get it to speak to our cutter. Irony was an old XP laptop that does have a serial post works fine but the power socket in the laptop is damaged and we cannot use the laptop. As a result if we want to stay using a laptop we can only do so using USB to serial. we have tried for days to get the two speaking but with no luck. Does any one have any further suggestions. we have checked the settings under device manager and re-installed both SBE and the driver. The driver is visible in cut settings but come up with error cannot initialize, we even tried other win 7 laptops and cannot get plotter to see anything we send to it. HELP? Last resort is looking like trading the new win7 lappy for a refurbished ex lease desktop that has serial connection. Any thoughts?