koletsb

Blade and Blade Holder Questions

I have now been cutting for about a month and a half with my 24" Pcut and I am slowly learning more and more. As of now, I have only been cutting 651 oracal and plan on sticking with that for a good amount of time. I just have a few questions.

1. How long will my blades last? I am still using the first blade that I put in on day 1 and how do you know when its time to change?

A.Should I be thinking about buying different types of blades rather then the ones that came with my cuter?

B.I see a lot about cleancut, graphatec, and roland blades, worth the purchase now? Later?

2. What kind of difference am I looking at by buying a roland or something like it, metal blade holder?

A. Is that a necessary purchase and any certain one I need?

3. Is purchasing a 60 degree blade as well something I should look into as well?

Blades last until they are dull or damaged, no set time. I cut almost everyday very large decals, you may not. I even cut a while longer on them, by raising the force on the vinyl cutter. Or a little more extended blade. either one works.

Different blades are for different types of material, are you using chrome, thicker vinyl etc?, which dulls blades faster..

I have never used a Cleancut blade or a Roland blade, and have never had a problem. Kinda depends on whether you want to spend the extra money. I purchase regular blades. 5 to a pack,for $24.00, FREE ship. Graphtec blades, cut almost everyday, and last over a year. no problems, spend the money if you want. Many swear by Cleancut blades, I can't, I have never used one, and probably never will.

Blade holder, once again, spend the money if you want.. Are you having problems with your blade holder,?

60 degree blades are mostly for detailed work,, I just purchased some this last time, after 4 years of cutting very detailed designs on 45 degree blades. and no problems,, but have not used them yet..

• Like 1

I've been extremely plasec with Clean Cut 60degree blades in my Graphtec. They last longer for me, and I think I get a littler better quality on the very small fine cuts.

• Like 1

60 degree cleancut in my graphtec and Roland here - as far as the blade holder I have a second blade holder for each cutter for metallic and reflective material and use the cheap ebay holders for the second one - they seem to have great bearings and are all metal.

I think I am going to go out and buy my self a 60 degree clean cut. Hopefully it ends up life everyone is saying. Thanks again