Sign in to follow this  
Dr12volt1338

What next?

I just bought a used HP DesignJet 800 the 42" model from a local auction at an unbelievable low low price. I want to utililze this the best I can. I know it's not great for doing outdoor banners and what not but I know I can sell them as a temp use only and I know I can use products to help prolong the outdoor life. My question is where do the pros recommend going next. Jay and Stetson you guys have always more then helped me in the past with your input. I want to get some material to use with this. I have a few requests for custom movie poster type things for some friends who have theatres in their home and also a few for the large photo of certain terroist leaders with bulls eyes on their heads. I want to know what material you guys recommend and where is a good place to get a small amount of this. I would like some regular heavier poster material and some possibly better photo quality paper in a 40" wide roll or so. I also want to know what you guys recommend for doing the outdoor stuff as far as like frog juice and products to that nature. I think I am going to try and push mainly indoor things but know I will get a few customers to push me into doing an outdoor banner and or poster. Also is there a better program I can get and use to utilize this machine other then the Flexisign Pro 8.6 I have. I also have corel 10 and photoshop. I am still learning as the only printing I have really done thus far has been on my Epson 1100.

I actually learned why I got it so cheap it will not power on. When I press the power button I get the quickest dim flash from the LED then nothing. When I unplug the main plug from the supply to the main board and hit the power button the led comes on for about 2 seconds then dims down....... Bad power supply??? Short in the board somewhere?:huh:

LOL I feel like I am having a conversation by myself. I got a "new" power supply and the machine fired right up and appears ready to rock and roll. It is just an inkjet printer and I know there has to be some cool stuff I can do with this machine. I just received my sample roll of 3m laminate. Can I find some sort of banner material that will except inkjet ink and use this laminate to make it last outdoors? Is there a material I can print to now that will hold up outside at all with some frog juice? I have done some light searching on the net looking for a supplier for such but haven't seen anything yet. Can someone point me in the right direction maybe?