Judi

Want to try my hand at t-shirts.

I am looking at trying my hand at heat press vinyl for t-shirts. I have the vinyl cutter and the heat press, but was looking at the vinyl and not sure what else I would need to get started. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do I need any kind of film or sheet to protect it from the heat press? Sorry for the dumb question.

You could use a lint roller and yes a teflon sheet or some butcher paper will work

Blank t-shirts... ;D

You can find cheeep practice t's at the dollar store

and discount stores. Also watch JoAnn Fabrics and

Michael's for sales....every few months they have

5/$10 deals. They don't carry the super sizes though.

Vinyl T-shirts are fun...but remember

MIRROR your graphic...MIRROR your graphic...

MIRROR your graphic...MIRROR your graphic.....

.....................I speak from experience.

Sue2

Thanks for all the info! I ordered the vinyl yesterday!

I will let you know of the progress. Thanks!!

The teflon sheets mentioned above are handy when applying ink transfers to fabric, however you'll find heat transfer vinyl retains the carrier sheet through the peel process which is more than adequate protection. The use of teflon between the heat source and vinyl carrier sheet would probably change heat transfer properties, causing one to scratch their head in wonder of what went wrong when all was said and done.

good advice above ... what I found is better to start off with ample pressure . My heat press was new & did not have much pressure as deleivered .. a few cranks on the screw & things went well . No matter how many time you will be told to remember to mirrow cut ... you will only learn from the actual experience IMO :) . I practiced on hand towels etc , anything I didn't mind " messing " up when I was starting out . I had messed up all the blank T-Shirts & the transfers I had bought . The multi-colored transfers I bought were a bit more tricky than the vinyl I cut . You can also remove vinyl many times by heat pressing & pulling it off ( especially when not enough pressure was used :) ) .