Sign in to follow this  
thenjhomebuyer

Problem with USCUTTER Refine MH1351 lcd Screen

I am having problems with my cutter I have everything plugged in and the lcd screen is all black and when I push the buttons like test, offline/pause, setup and origin nothing is happening or lightting up. The screen seems dark. I  also have tried to cut the test file and nothing seems to happen  :notsure: 

I don't have that model so it's hard to say. Do you hear anything at all? If it plugged in to a live outlet,something should light up. It actually sounds like it is not getting power.

Sorry to say that unless Ken gets online at his home,it will be Monday before he will be able to help (Ken is the tech guy at US Cutter)

The machine is making a sound like a copier machine does when it's on but the problem is the LCD is black and none of the buttons work. I am gett6ing kinda worried cause in the manual it says it should light up and should be able to push and reset nothing is happening. I wonder what's going to happen if somethings wrong I have to reship it back which is probably going to cost another 90 bucks plus wait for them to send it. I wonder if they will pay for the shipping because they might have sent me a defective product which I am hoping is not the case. I had purchased it on ebay from USCUTTER I had tried to call the number they had listed on there website and tried numbers that I had googled online nothing seems to point in the direction of any type of phone contact with them. Below is a picture of the LCD screen while the machine is on.  :lol:

DSC01006.jpg

DSC01007.jpg

Your display is the same as my refine mh721. When I turn mine on,the reset button is lit red. What I think is wrong in your case is a hardware problem. It could be something as simple as something coming unplugged during shipping ( happens all the time, UPS and FedEx both seem to care less about how they manhandle things)

The first thing Ken will have you do is open the panel and make sure everything is plugged in tightly. This won't void the warranty. But be sure the thing is unplugged of course. I doubt if they will have you ship it back, after all they have to pay to ship it back to you. Usually,Ken will send you parts (everything is easy to replace).

Anyway,if you feel comfortable doing it,open it up and see if there is anything obviously unplugged inside. It sounds like the entire display is unplugged from the  board.

I agree on one thing...you having to pay shipping back to them when it is DOA in the first place isn't really right.

I will wait to see if theres someone who I can speak to before I open anything and blow myself up lol or shock myself with a capacitor or something. I appreciate you helping out. I am new to the sign thing. I've been really excited to use this machine. I just took it out of the box and put it together today. I'm in the business of buying homes so I decided to pick one up to make signs real quick and customize them for every situation. I purchased almost everything so far tools, videos, vector art, vinyl, r type application tape, masking tape,and programs. I had wanted to make a couple signs and some skins for the electronics I have. Which vinyl programs do you have. I have a lot of vector art anything you have you would wanna trade let me know I can be reached on any of the cojntacts below I have a lot of programs and a large collection of vector art.

Stonehenge Group Inc.

Roderick Oh

I am having problems with my cutter I have everything plugged in and the lcd screen is all black and when I push the buttons like test, offline/pause, setup and origin nothing is happening or lightting up. The screen seems dark. I  also have tried to cut the test file and nothing seems to happen  :notsure: 

IS THERE A PHONE NUMBER I CAN CALL TO GET SOME HELP WITH MY CUTTER? WHERE DO I GO FOR ASSISTANCE FOR MY CUTTER?

send a PM to Ken with your problem and phone number. He will set up a time to call you.

KenImes is his ID on these forums

Just got off the phone with this customer and we found that the plastic clips for his motherboard had snapped causing the motherboard to lay loose in the bottom of the cutter. This shorted the MB out, and we are sending him a new part with new clips.

I have to say these people are real nice and answered real quick must be the post before me I am glad to be able to purchase a product where people stand behind there product. I called first time they answered and walked me through what I needed to do. I called back the second time had to leave a message but, they called me back within 10 mins. I was told that the part should be here in a couple days. It seems to be that the shipping loosened the motherboard inside which was real easy to access with 6 screws just have to wait for the part to come :jumpy: :thanks:

Last week I had a shipment of 4 rolls of vinyl come via FedEx...when I picked up the box on the porch,the bottom fell out and the vinyl went everywhere. FedEx had beat the box to pieces. I have had an entire 48 inch roll of Application tape destroyed by UPS.. As a shipper,I have had TWO empty boxes arrive to my customers with no banners in them. The list goes on and on. They just don't CARE. It's cheaper for them to pay off the claims than slow down the process that encourages speed, and with it carelessness.

You are lucky no more damage was done.

US Cutter has the best support out there. Period.

Ok I finally got my mother board in my sign plotter tonight. I actually got it last thursday but I was leaving for tampa and I just got home last night. I've been finally waiting to get this thing in and get it working. I noticed both the ribbon wire's inside was kinda frayed and exposed copper probably from rubbing or the manufacturing company who installed everything not to careful who knows. Anyway I tried to test cut the test cut vector file proved with sign blazer and set the baud rate of both the cutter and computer to the same 9600 baud and I am using the LPT1 cause USB was not working. I am getting no response from my cutter does anyone know what I am doing wrong?  :P 

Make sure your parallel port mode is set to ECP. Make sure you have nothing installed in Printers and Faxes that may be conflicting with the LPT1 port. Use the LPT cable that came with the cutter. If it will not work, maybe we should try USB again.

If you plug the USb cable in and it shows up in the Device Manager under the ports category, then the driver is installed already.

Again Ken comes through smae human errors and a bit of learning this machine. Machines are told what to do we as humans must know how to instruct the machine. I think you again Ken great people at uscutter. I appreciate you dealing with my impatience  :P

:P

New motherboard got the machine back to life, then we just needed to configure SignBlazer and away he went.