slice&dice

Application tape / release tape dispenser

The most valuable item in my shop is the application-tape dispenser.

I use a really clever invention called the "Tape Owner" which is two plastic end pieces that hold 2 hollow (empty vinyl roll) tubes, and allows a tape roll to sit on top, and you can roll out as much as needed.

One thing I did notice about this device --- it is supposed to 'catch' on the edge of a table, but sometimes it will jump off while pulling the tape, so I prefer to anchor it better, using ratchet-clamps (c-clamps)

Anyone want to chime in here about the Application-tape dispensers they use, good, bad, or ugly?

post-21408-0-61045900-1325990656.jpg

I have this one from US cutter and have used this many times on the big stuff works great...

roller.jpg

I use a big squeegee.... works fantastic and I don't have to play the magical musical rolls game when it comes to switching out which kind or size I am using. I use both 15 and 24" and have 0 issues...

I use a big squeegee.... works fantastic and I don't have to play the magical musical rolls game when it comes to switching out which kind or size I am using. I use both 15 and 24" and have 0 issues...

I use both a big squeegie and an app tape roller. Big Squeegie is fine on a few things..but for large jobs, the app tape roller is much faster.Not to mention easier.

do the tubes roll with the apptape as u pull it out or do thay stay still to cause some tennsion.

The design is clever, with the front tube loose enough to permit the tape to unroll, while the back one is immobile, offering the tension required.

You'll have to supply your own empty tubes, since the plastic ends are sold by themselves and the signmaker can place whatever length tubes they want.

I have the same one ( blue ) they work great except you need to clamp to table. Simple practical and CHEAP!

Posting that cutter provided an instant Ah-HA! moment --- those are regular Envelope Openers, and I'm going to start using one tomorrow. T-Y.