MasseY

Problem with Blade dragging through vinyl to a point in the corner of the image.

Ok guys, my problem is that my blade in the cutter it cuts out the individual letters, text and pictures great but for some reason everytime it finishes a part it drags all the way through the vinyl to the corner of the select image and i was wandering why on earth it is doing it, ive read something about it on here before called weed lines or something but im not sure if there is any body that can help me it would be much obliged.

make sure your blade is not extended to far out. I was having a similar problem and lowered the blade to just cut through 1 sheet of copy paper and it solved my problem.

No thats not the problem, its picking out of the fabric but everytime it finishes a letter or part of an image it just randomly cuts out a line to the corner.

Start with some simple squares and circles and show us by picture what you mean.

I guess this has nothing to do with signcut.

Paco

• Like 1

Hello.

This is Therese at Whisqu Graphic AB. From the company that developed SignCut. It would be great if you entered our livechat so we could start a remote session and take a look at this. You find it here: http://www.signcutpro.com

You can also start a support ticket at our support portal http://signcut.zendesk.com

But I also have some questions for you.

I think your problem has to do with your files.

What design software do you use?

What format do you save your files as?

If there is any other options when you save your files, what have you set them to?

You save your files in different ways in both Inkscape, Corel Draw and Adobe Illustrator so I need to know this first before I can help you.

And also, if you go to SignCut preview, do you see any extra lines there?

Regards,

Therese Löfström

Whisqu Graphic AB

SignCut Sweden

actually this sounds like a communications issue... are you using USB or RS232 serial....?

It could be that. But it is very normal that customers saves as newer AI-format and SignCut can't read newer then Adobe Illustrator 8,0 so even if the files looks okay, it sometimes cuts more then it is in the image. But I'm not an advanced technican. That's why it would be better that he entered our chat so Kimon could take a look at it. His been working with SignCut for years.

What I like with this forum is that all people really tries to help each other and sometimes you guys have better answers than I do. I have only worked with SignCut for about 8month. Before that I didn't even knew this branch existed.

Regards,

Therese Löfström

Not trying to hijack the thread- but Therese, will SC Pro Version 2 be updated to support all the latest formats>??

MasseY-

Also try cutting the same graphic, smaller or larger (significantly different size) and see if it does it in the same spot every time, and also which cutter are you using?-