Sign in to follow this  
Robb

Frustrated - Am I doing something wrong?

Recently purchased an MH721, set everything up and running on a Mac (with Keyspan), grounded.

Here's the thing - sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. Problems I'm experiencing:

Random 45* cuts through image

Cut will randomly continue ~6" above the cut, squiggles

Image will be attempted to be cut multiple times

And more..

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong or what I can do to check it. I have so much wasted vinyl because of this, very disappointed. The blade adjustment is fine.

it could be the image, possibly post it... and you don't state what cutting software you are using, can only guess, Signcut maybe?

Use a pen and paper until you find out the problem.. that way you won't waste vinyl.

It's signcut. And it's not the image. The random cuts are different each time.

Yeah, using signcut.

And testing with a pen now.

I just got off of the phone with Support. We verified the correct settings in Signcut on Mac, and switched over to Windows, eliminating the Keyspan. Looks like it just simply doesn't work on my Mac. Waste of $35 and 15ft of Vinyl, plus more time since I'm going to have to design on my Mac and then switch to my Windows machine to cut. :|

:thumbsup: Glad you figured it out. Maybee you can sign up for a drop box or something that way when you design and save on the Mac it is already there on the Cutter computer (Windows)