engs0062

Packaging Vinyl........

Quick question.........I have some letters that I need to send out, they are about 10 inches tall and 8 feet long in total length........I used 2 layers of vinyl (black with red outline).  Will air bubbles be created if I roll the finished vinyl (transfer tape applied) for shipping?  I would think I could use one of the cardboard backing rolls that come with each roll of vinyl, and wrap the finished product tightly and tape it........but I am worried that with the transfer tape on top of the vinyl, being 8 feet long, that once I roll air bubbles will be created.........

Shipping would be a nightmare if I had to keep the pieces flat.........

Any recommendations?  Thanks!

Lee

I do it all the time. Roll with the letters OUT,not on the inside. Same with banners. It's tunneling you have to worry about,more than bubbles.

That's what I had planned..........rolling with the letter out.  John can you elaborate a bit more on "tunneling".........thanks

Lee

tunneling is where the vinyl separates from the backing paper, vertically, from being rolled the wrong way. Hard to describe.

I understand..........I might separate the shorter letters (so 3 sections = 8 feet instead of 1 section of 8 feet), so I can wind each piece more tightly.......should help?

Hearing about packaging vinyl to ship to your customer, it makes me wonder where do you find the best price for your cardboard envelopes, tubes, etc that you use to ship?

I use U-line and so far they have the best prices....was just curious what some of you use. As we use the card board envelopes when mailing just small graphics...  9 3/4 x 12 1/4" Qty: 100 for 36.00 plus shipping.

Jenny

I wonder what diameter size and thickness of mailing tube i should use to send car graphic decals? They are usually 22" wide x 100" long. Is 1.5" of diameter is enough?

I haven't send out an image of that size, but I believe that would be to SMALL for that long of a graphic.

Jenny

Hi Jenny. Im about tu purchase from U Line too, thats why i asked that.. What decal size are you shipping in mailing tube, and what thicknes are you using? Thanks!

Actually mine can fit in a cardboard mailer, so that's what I'm using for this order....but when I order the tubes I wish they would offer  a small variety of various sizes.

Sorry I couldn't be more help for your shipping needs!

I've never found better prices than u-line. One thing... I've had the ends come off of a tude twice with UPS and the banner get lost. And I taped the CRAP out of them. I went back to boxes.

I would have to look. BUT if you ship USPS Priority Mail, you can get 24" and 36" triangular shipping tubes for FREE that are VERY sturdy.Go to the USPS site and look under shipping supplies. All Priority Mail boxes are free. I order 60 at a time.

javascript:void(0); javascript:void(0); javascript:void(0);

What do you mean Free? If i go to UPS and ask for 100 maling tube, they will give me them all for free??? i dont believe it.

Not UPS , USPS- United States Postal Service. I get the priority and express boxes all the time too, they are all free. You must use that shipping service if you use the box though. Still a great deal I think.

What do you mean Free? If i go to UPS and ask for 100 maling tube, they will give me them all for free??? i dont believe it.

http://shop.usps.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductCategoryDisplay?catalogId=10152&storeId=10001&categoryId=13354&langId=-1&parent_category_rn=11820&top_category=11820

post-249-12986515591448_thumb.jpg

post-249-12986515603373_thumb.jpg

I believe you should make sure you have properly read the post before you call someone a liar. In my post I mentioned USPS twice and PRIORITY MAIL twice.  Not UPS

INcidentally, FedEX will give you FREE shipping tubes if you ship EXPRESS (not ground) and I think UPS wqill too for their premium services

And btw, where is the best place for cardboard envelope? I have to buy a lot of 250, maybe 500 in many sizes, and im looking for who got the best prices. thanks