nogoslo

have lxi apprentice, software stinks looking for somthing else ?

i have the lxi apprentice software having all sorts of problems and looking to see if there is any free software out there to try and use till i get better to buy a better software . i cant figure out how to layer and use clp art easily many wont cut and i deas or help would be great and what and were to find software thanks

Lxi apprentice is the same as Flexistarter, I have been using Flexistarter for over 5 years. No problems. Any design image will have be vectorized in any software you use or you can't cut it. Then you import the vector image in LXI.. You have to learn any software. Flexistarter will cut layers and so will LXI. At the top of your layout screen.. Should be HELP. Click it and read. You can't just cut clipart in any cutting software, without it being a vector first.

Signblazer is FREE for windows only.

LXI can import more different and current formats than Signblazer.

• Like 1

thanks i tried to go threw the software help page to learn about layers but it was not working . and the how to software doesnot show how to use basic opertions of layering or clip art problems . i will go in to the help file again and see if i can find the help section about layers .

so the clip art has to be eps format or just in vector were can you get a program to convert it .

you have to make registration marks on your design, don't put the design in wireframe mode. Click the color you want to cut first. then advance to the next color

• Like 1

it wouldn't be called layering,, you would be cutting by color, selecting objects by color. layering is what you do with the vinyl after it is cut..

• Like 1

I'm new in this.

I just got  my Vinyl Express R series II, it came with the "Vinyl Express® LXi Apprentice".

I had the same problem many of you described. Getting a lot of random lines.

I thougth that my EPS files where wrong.

Change to several versions but with no luck.

I then decided to get the Flexi Sign Cloud Subscription... and same problem...

At this point I thought that the problem will be the cutter.

"Vinyl Express® LXi Apprentice" and Flexi are from the same company.

SOLUTION:

1. I changed the speed to cut on the cutter panel to 300

2. When you press the plot/cut option you have an option that is 10 inches enhanced cutting.

This option is checked by default. Unchecked this option, this will cut all elements in the order elements where created.

This fixed the problem for me.

Hope this will help.

• Like 1

I've been using it for a few years now. Seems ok. You just have to be patient. AND LXI doesn't convert images to Vectors. I use InkScape for that.

So far so good.

I've been using it for a few years now. Seems ok. You just have to be patient. AND LXI doesn't convert images to Vectors. I use InkScape for that.

So far so good.

lxi master plus does - depends on which flavor you have

For $60 bucks a month, why not buy Flexi Cloud (top of the line version), shouldn't it have all these features and more?

you can buy the full version of  lxi master plus for around 500 and not have monthly fees

same as flexi pro without the RIP feature though

• Like 1

you can buy the full version of  lxi master plus for around 500 and not have monthly fees

same as flexi pro without the RIP feature though

Do they OEM Flexi?  Have a link, I'm seeing it for 1500 bucks for Master Plus.  

Thanks!

Do they OEM Flexi?  Have a link, I'm seeing it for 1500 bucks for Master Plus.  

Thanks!

its private labeled flexi, call them and they will deal. Tried for years to get USC to do the same as sw and ordway sells the same thing as ultra flex.