Addixionz

So your cutter will not work with Windows 7, Here is a tip.

This is my first post.

I got my laserpoint last week, installed SignBlazer on my Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit and it started working flawless using a usb cable....for about a week. In the middle of a job it stopped cutting. I tried everything... reinstall drivers, reinstalled Signblazer, Keyspan, Checked all the COM settings but nothing worked. My Windows 7 64 bit laptop would not communicate with the cutter using usb, or the keyspan. So I install signblazer on a xp machine, used a standard usb cord, cutter worked perfect and the countdown timer for trail mode went away in signblazer. So I know that the cutter is working

Back to laptop, Right click on the Signblazer, click Properties, click Compatibility, Click "Run in XP mode", "Apply" and the Cutter works perfect using usb.

Hope this helps someone, I spent three days researching and never saw this solution. Also it got rid of the Trial count down timer in Signblazer when using on my Windows 7 machine

Great tip. I have been holding off getting a new laptop for that reason. I'm sure other members of this forum will thank you also. :thumbsup:

there are still great deals on XP computers on EBAY, XP is much more stable. I never upgrade to higher windows, I keep an XP computer as a backup...

• Like 1

there are still great deals on XP computers on EBAY, XP is much more stable. I never upgrade to higher windows, I keep an XP computer as a backup...

I agree that XP as a whole is more stable, but this is a work around for those who want or need to use Windows 7. Once I have my shop set up the xp will be my main machine. But untill I can get set up, I will have to work with my Windows 7 laptop.

cheers,

i am having a simular problem. my laptop died so i had to get a new one, the new one has windows 7. i finally got the patched SB copy installed and working. i have a eco refine cutter, and when i try installing the driver that came with it i get a "driver install failure" message and cant use my cutter. i tried using all the compatability modes for vist and xp and get the same thing. any ideas?

my cutter is the mh-341 or ch-341.

i have a backup pc with xp and when i am in SB i go to the cutter button, then set up it says i am using the "refine mh721" in the cutter. and next to output device it says "blazer com5:-usb-serial ch341a...."

Edited by gomer