Camel

Upgrade Memory on Laserpoint 36

Is there a way to upgrade the memory on this machine? We learned the hard way that SERIAL connections are the way to go on this machine, however I believe we are now running out of memory on larger node jobs.

Thanks for reading. :)

I have never seen any where that extra memory is available for the Pcut, but like you said connect serial, also turn your weeding options off, ground cutter to stand, and turn your cutter off and back on between jobs, so the data is dumped from the previous order.

Well, youve been doing the turn off and on thing, but was just hoping for a better solution. Thanks

Have you tried running the big order without the blade touching the vinyl? Just raise the blade holder up or take it out all together, If it will do the whole order without stopping after trying it a few times, the cause could be static from the vinyl causing it to stop. You really don't state what is going on/ what the problem is, when you do large orders.

Camel have you ever found any decent work arounds for cutting larger jobs? I'm in the same boat you are in.

I used to run out of memory on my Seiki vinyl cutter, by running the speed to slow on very detailed jobs. I cranked it wide open and it would finish it every time. and the design was my Wizard, which I have shown on here several times. That decal is 77" x 20" and very detailed. I just turned the speed all the way up, then when I got 1 side done. I turned off the vinyl cutter, and then turn it back on, to do the other side. That worked for me. And it still cut really good on the Seiki at a high speed.