Sign in to follow this  
shankun

Home / Hobby work area, DIY tools etc....

Maybe I am not typing the correct words into the search, but I would like to know (see) what other hobbyist, home cutters have as their set up. Many of my other hobbies people are willing to show their work area, this hobby seems like it is a big secret. Hope that is not the case. Looking for ideas for my work area, space is limited. Right now it is in my basement next to my bar. Looking for DIY ideas for vinyl storage, tape application, weeding areas anything really that could be helpful. I just started doing this as a hobby. Lettered a friends truck for the cost of vinyl. Made a few stickers for the neighborhood. I am sure there are many helpful topics on this forum, just not sure on how to find them. Been reading a ton, BUT, there are many broken links for what I am looking for. If it is like a secret society I am deeply sorry for ruffling feathers (just private message me and no one will ever know we talked ;) ).

Thank you for reading my post.

shankun

Maybe I am not typing the correct words into the search, but I would like to know (see) what other hobbyist, home cutters have as their set up. Many of my other hobbies people are willing to show their work area, this hobby seems like it is a big secret. Hope that is not the case. Looking for ideas for my work area, space is limited. Right now it is in my basement next to my bar. Looking for DIY ideas for vinyl storage, tape application, weeding areas anything really that could be helpful. I just started doing this as a hobby. Lettered a friends truck for the cost of vinyl. Made a few stickers for the neighborhood. I am sure there are many helpful topics on this forum, just not sure on how to find them. Been reading a ton, BUT, there are many broken links for what I am looking for. If it is like a secret society I am deeply sorry for ruffling feathers (just private message me and no one will ever know we talked ;) ).

Thank you for reading my post.

shankun

you're off to a good start..next to the bar. I'll try and get some pics tomorrow when I get to the shop.

AS for the broken links..awhile back we switched to a new forum and some of the stuff didn't transfer correctly.

you're off to a good start..next to the bar. I'll try and get some pics tomorrow when I get to the shop.

Usually when I am doing anything it has to deal with alcohol, it felt like the only place to put it! Seriously, I have 2 small children and don't want them "playing" with it. I have my lappy I create the decal on, then travel to the bar to cut it out. Gives daddy a little "free time" (cracks another beer...).

Go to the search bar and tyoe "show your workspace" you should be able to pull up the topic. It has numerous replies and photos, some are very impressive.