Tammyj

Hi, I'm new

Hi,

Our small office is considering purchasing a cutter and would like some suggestions.

We are mostly interested in lettering and shapes that could be used for scrap booking type things or posters, probably not so much vinyl lettering/signage. What would be our best choice?

Can we use our logo if they are jpeg files?

Can we use paper/cardstock/scrap book papers?

Probably the most important question, what is your budget?

You can covert your logo from jpeg to vector format. (cutters require vector format to work)

Yes, you can use those materials. Some may require a backing to cut.

You may even want to check out the cricut craft cutter it has programs for crafting and will also cut lettering. My wife has one that she does scrapbook and crafts with. Just a thought.

PS

Hello and welcome

Seems like for this instance one of the new Graphtec Cameo cutters that is coming out this month would fit the bill- cuts up to 12" wide, can contour cut so a color logo could be printed and then cut.... and 12" vinyl is available for printing and cutting....

• Like 1

Budget would be under $500

Not really interesed in a cricuit. like the idea of being able to use any designs from computer.

http://www.uscutter.com/Silhouette-Cameo-148

Cameo would be perfect, and for their needs I am guessing because not only does it come with all the necessary software for contour cutting, but it would be a ton smaller than the cutter pack on ebay. For under 500 you could get a cameo, selection of vinyl, weeding tools etc- and have graphtec quality....

• Like 1

This sounded just like me when I bought my cutter "like the idea of being able to use any designs from computer. " and now I'm able to cut files that I pay for or already find available in .eps format but I am yet still incapable of making my own and saving them into a file that can be cut. I also can't just turn graphics, images, photos and so forth into the files they need to be to cut without paying someone to do it for me or asking the forums for help. Check my profile and that gives you the about me section and some of my software frustrations. If I wouldn't have put all this money into buying my 24" contour lasercutter and the vinyl rolls I need to cut then I would have went with the New Cameo that came out this month. I'm really just a crafter and do very few business signs for family only. I also have done a few cuts for chairty work but the .eps files were supplied to me, in order for me to do that work. Good luck with your decision! And if you ever get stuck the forums have been a huge help to me as I am sure they will be to you if you choose to get a Cutter.