Sign in to follow this  
bsworks75

Trying to get Serial port to work to no avail?

My husband bought one of the serial to usb cords to use with our MH 721 on our Mac. We are currently running Snow Leopard, by the way. There was some driver that came with the cord but the disc was really small and he said he couldn't get the disc to go into the slot drive (well he tried and said he almost got it stuck so didn't try again) We run Parallels on the mac to use the sign blazer, so we've plugged the serial into the cutting port marked LPT and the usb into the mac and nothing will cut? Any ideas?

My husband bought one of the serial to usb cords to use with our MH 721 on our Mac. We are currently running Snow Leopard, by the way. There was some driver that came with the cord but the disc was really small and he said he couldn't get the disc to go into the slot drive (well he tried and said he almost got it stuck so didn't try again) We run Parallels on the mac to use the sign blazer, so we've plugged the serial into the cutting port marked LPT and the usb into the mac and nothing will cut? Any ideas?

find someone with a tray loading CD drive and copy the contents of the CD to a regular sized CD or a thumb drive.

Ok, did that. There were three things one was for a mac, and two were for a windows. I loaded the mac one and did a restart and nothing. Again, we are using parallels but there were no Windows XP drivers just some windows OS and windows 98_ME? When we load the sign blazer on the parallels it finds the serial port and everything but when you Cut it just has a loading box like it's going to cut but never does then it "stops responding" and you have to fiddle with the settings in parallels to get it to stop stop responding... if any of that makes sense? :(