Sign in to follow this  
prettybird

best vinyl to print bumper stickers and labels

Hi, what is the best vinyl to use for printed bumper stickers and labels? We have a Roland SC500 and we've tried using one kind of Oracal but didn't like it because it seems to flimsy and the edges curl when it's printed to the edge. I think it's called series 3165 so I was hoping there is a better one someone can recommend? Thanks for the help!

Hi, what is the best vinyl to use for printed bumper stickers and labels? We have a Roland SC500 and we've tried using one kind of Oracal but didn't like it because it seems to flimsy and the edges curl when it's printed to the edge. I think it's called series 3165 so I was hoping there is a better one someone can recommend? Thanks for the help!

I use 3165 alot and don't have a curling problem.It's a 2.5 mil 5-7 yr vinyl...a lil thin for some applications..I like a 3mil mostly.Are you putting it on fresh paint? Oracal says to let the paint cure for 3 weeks before any installation of their vinyl on their web site if you are...

Have you tried Prism Jet from SW? It's their house brand 3mil vinyl and works great too...Also you might go up a grade or 3 on the Oracal brand, the more it costs the longer it last is what seems to be the case..LOL..All about what your application is and how deep yours and your customers pockets are...

Hope it helps, but like I stated I don't have any troubles with the 3165, I print and contour 5 to 10 thousand decals a month out of it, works great, lasts long time...

Thanks for the input. For us, the edges start to curl shortly after it's printed - even before applying it to anything. Especially if it's been printed on all the way to the edge of the sticker. And it seems a little too thin for bumper stickers. Seems like if you buy a bumper sticker at the store, it's a lot thicker feeling.

Do you put transfer tape over your stickers before selling them? Or do you sell them without transfer tape? It seems really flimsy to use if it doesn't have tape on it. But we have someone that needs some stickers to hand out to customers and labels to stick on baggies so I don't think they will want to deal with transfer tape being on it.

Thanks for the input. For us, the edges start to curl shortly after it's printed - even before applying it to anything. Especially if it's been printed on all the way to the edge of the sticker. And it seems a little too thin for bumper stickers. Seems like if you buy a bumper sticker at the store, it's a lot thicker feeling.

Do you put transfer tape over your stickers before selling them? Or do you sell them without transfer tape? It seems really flimsy to use if it doesn't have tape on it. But we have someone that needs some stickers to hand out to customers and labels to stick on baggies so I don't think they will want to deal with transfer tape being on it.

I agree on the flimsy..it's only a 2.5 mil thick material..I think it needs to be a 3.5 or 4mil for a good bumper sticker...And yes its thin enough to need app tape or it's tough to apply...

Prism jet from SW is a temp outdoor vinyl that seems to hold up well and works good for bumper stickers..Feels well thick enough in op...