mimibland

oracel 641 as a removable wall vinyl

I have a roll of oracel 641 in stock and I wanted to know if it would work as a removable wall vinyl? I didn't want to have to order a roll of 631 if I don't have too.

What Roxy said , but I have used Oracal 651 on walls because that is all I have & some came off without removing some paint , some didn't .

According to the oracal color guide, 631 has a removeable adhesive. In fact it is the only one that is listed as removeable, all others are permanent. It unfortunately is only available with a matte finish. How removeable is it?

Does anyone know if there is a vinyl that is removeable, and gloss finish? I need to change numbers on the race kart. I am using 651, and I can remove it with some goof off. A friend I race with also wanted to also if there was a vinyl that was easily removeable, and possibly reusable. I guess it would be the "post-it note" of vinyl.

How often do you want to change the vinyl ( guessing after they get damaged :) ) ? ( I have karts also BTW :) ) Thinking outside the box of normal ... you might try to ruin the adhesive on 651 inside the vinyl .. only leave 1/2" around the outside as it is . I have seen many people add thin plexiglass over the decals so the tire rubs are in it instead of tearing the decal . Other thought is to spray the decal with clear to make it gloss .

How often do you want to change the vinyl ( guessing after they get damaged :) ) ? ( I have karts also BTW :) )

I run WKA road racing series, so not often do you get any damage. Too dangerous to be making contact at these speeds (with the exception of a little bump drafting).

The numbers get changed depending on if it is a divisional (club) race or a national event. Different numbers are assigned for national events for each weight class entered e.g. 385 on Sat, 360 on Sun. My next race in NJ is another national, so that will be three nationals in a row for me, that's SIX different sets of numbers just for those races. The clubs supply paper numbers that can be taped on, but it is a heck of alot easier to cut them out beforehand, and slap them on each day. Even removing 651 is slightly easier to remove than the package tape or racers tape that is used for the paper numbers. For this next race I applied some car wax, I'll see if that will aid in removal.

Part of the reason I bought a cutter was because I know a racer who keeps a small hobby cutter in his trailer to cut his numbers at the track. I thought that would be a good idea, plus I could do graphics as well.

As far as reusable vinyl, I was thinking more along the lines of vinyl (printed) decals I have seen before that had virtually no adhesive, simply apply some water, and squeegee it out. Decal peels off rather easily and is somewhat reuseable. The vinyl is usually clear, and fairly thick. I was just curious if anyone had done this, as I was asking for a fellow racer.