BroncoJim

Looking for Cutter for Sand Blasting

Hello to all, Im Jim, I am starting a new business doing sand carving and im looking for a cutter to make stencils with. Im sure there are some of you that cut this type of material, so I need some advice on Cutters. Im looking to cut with Anchor #123, #125,#116, #T226, #T227 and some others. I have never used one of these cutting machines before, so I have no idea how small a character each will cut thru thick material. Most of the work I will be doing will be medium size lettering, but I will also have alot of graphics with fairly fine lines. Most of these cutters have a 400g downforce, is that enough for thicker material? Most say 1mm thickness limit, that would limit me to 39 Mil thick masks. I suppose that is sufficient since most of the material I have priced is well below that. I assume if the machine handles thick material well it will do an even better job on thin material, is that correct? Ive seen some that require use of a back board (dunno if thats what you call it) for cutting thin material.

ANy suggestions would be appreciated.

THanks

Jim

search sandblasting here . only difference is you stay away from the vinyl stencil while you blast deeper in some spots . I watched it at the Baltimore sign show this past weekend . Like Roxy says , there should be more experienced carvers available on other forums .

Any cutter can cut vinyl which is what is used as a stensil . Any vinyl works for a stencil .