Nitsuj

Can you help me cut this?

So I have this graphic. I have it in jpg and tif. I'd like to turn it into a cuttable image. I've been trying and watching tuts, and haven't figured it out yet. I'm not asking anyone to do it for me, but if you could give me a hint, point me in the right direction, link me to a tutorial that explains it, whatever. Thanks a ton!

6137884501_7d60cd861e.jpg

You need to convert it to a vector file first, use inkscape to trace it and convert it. Once its a vector you can cut it with no problem.

You need to convert it to a vector file first, use inkscape to trace it and convert it. Once its a vector you can cut it with no problem.

Thanks. That's what I've been trying to do. But when I try to trace it, it gets very bad looking.

Best way print it out.

Do a hand trace.

mark-s

Ah. I never even thought of that. Ok so trace it scan it, then convert it to vector and cut it. Sound about right?

:thumbsup:

mark-s

Ok, so I hate to be so needy, but I'm still not getting it. So I traced it, then scanned it. I learned something about myself. I suck at tracing. Plus, it's not a graphic that was designed to be cut out of vinyl. So how would one take my poorly traced image and edit it in any of the programs I have to make it into a cuttable graphic? It's a company logo, so keeping it looking as similar as possible to the original is helpful.

Again, I'm not looking for someone to do it for me, I really just want a hint or resource to get my in the right direction.

After tracing you`ll need to node edit.

Or send it out and have it done by a pro.

mark-s

Ok, I'm willing to let a pro handle it until I can figure out how. It's a graphic that I need have. How much would a pro charge me?