Jackie J

Football Nana

Hi all you wonderful talented people. I am looking for a Football Nana design for one of the grandma's . I made Football Mom shirts,but grandma is feeling left out

Of course I want it to match the moms. Can someone help with something like this please?

I thank you in advance for any help you may offer..

post-2521-0-62346300-1315151198_thumb.jp

Time for you to learn how to do that :mellow: . You will feel much accomplishment also . I use SignBlazer . I would delete/adjust the nodes to " Mom " , add " Nana " & then " combine " . Make a copy of the original design before you alter it so you keep the original . You also may be able to " split " & remove the " Mom " at 1 time ... IF that is a distinct part of the image . All softwares have that capability , just different names & ways to do it . Try & post back if you want help .

Time for you to learn how to do that :mellow: . You will feel much accomplishment also . I use SignBlazer . I would delete/adjust the nodes to " Mom " , add " Nana " & then " combine " . Make a copy of the original design before you alter it so you keep the original . You also may be able to " split " & remove the " Mom " at 1 time ... IF that is a distinct part of the image . All softwares have that capability , just different names & ways to do it . Try & post back if you want help .

Great advice Rodger! I commend your sentiment. Everyone needs help sometimes but I've noticed some of the people here just want someone to do the work for them.

I'm just the opposite, if I can't do something, I can't sleep until I either figure it out or get help! :-)

Great advice Rodger! I commend your sentiment. Everyone needs help sometimes but I've noticed some of the people here just want someone to do the work for them.

I'm just the opposite, if I can't do something, I can't sleep until I either figure it out or get help! :-)

Ok, I'll try. just didn't know how to do that with the nodes.. Funny, other people just get something real fast and I always get advise to do it my self.

Roger perhaps it would be helpful to post step by step screen shots.....I can do it from scratch in illustrator but not much help to those folks who work in Sign Blazer....

Hey Jackie ,

What gets done & when depends on the moods of those helping & how busy they are . Also the amount of work it takes to do what is asked . Also how new the member is that is asking for that work to be done for them . The old saying about teaching somebody to catch a fish instead of giving them a fish applies to much of the work asked to be done . I seldom bother to respond to most requests because it seems a lack of motivation ... if the member asking is not motivated , why should anybody else be :huh:

Look for node edit in your software ( what software do you use ? ) , when you get the node edit screen , you will see dots that tells the cutter to procede from 1 to the next node . You can see what nodes need to be removed to eliminate the word Mom ( Zoom in to see clearly ). You will have to conect the path without that word after removing it . You can then type what you want to add , position it then combine , group etc .

If you are motivated enough to try , others including myself will feel more motivated also :) .

Roger perhaps it would be helpful to post step by step screen shots.....I can do it from scratch in illustrator but not much help to those folks who work in Sign Blazer....

Hey Roxy , I have not assumed Jackie is using SignBlazer yet :huh: I heard a caveman tell my buddy that this is so easy Rodger can do it :) , so all it takes is trying & questions when stumped :)

Here is my attempt...

Thank you so much roxanne.. I was not trying to get out of doing the work.. I just didn't know how. I am using sb, I need a lot more time and practice.. Thanks again

you will make Nana real happy.

I know myself... when I can't do it in any of my softwares, I start printing designs I want to combine and break out the old drawing pad and pencil, sometimes some tracing or transfer paper if need be when I can't duplicate a line or few. Then after you scan it at the highest resolution possible, and vectorize it....

Usually turns out fabulous...

I know myself... when I can't do it in any of my softwares, I start printing designs I want to combine and break out the old drawing pad and pencil, sometimes some tracing or transfer paper if need be when I can't duplicate a line or few. Then after you scan it at the highest resolution possible, and vectorize it....

Usually turns out fabulous...

I just recently started playing with adjusting nodes . I use SignBlazer & a quick read of the instruction manual , some experimenting & something like this is super easy . SignBlazer is a very capable software even though it has not had any tech support for 3 years . Some images you can remove complete parts of an image thru " split " option .

i was reading this and was bored so i just remade it. instead of tracing something like this sometimes it is just easier to rebuild it from scratch.. ;D

Thank you ! Nana will be thrilled..

Ok.......Now what is the original Football font?...

hahaha! i dunno!! i looked til my eyes bled then thought well that looks close enough!! LOL

• Like 1

I'd just take the "nana" out, leave the football and use a font to create whatever just so everyone can make one ie Mama, Daddy, PawPaw, or whatever! Make it easy to you can just add and paste

I'd just take the "nana" out, leave the football and use a font to create whatever just so everyone can make one ie Mama, Daddy, PawPaw, or whatever! Make it easy to you can just add and paste

X2 :thumbsup:

It is a little more complicated than that...The person using the file would also have to be able to some "Pathfinder" functions (Illustrator term) to cut away and weld.....If you simply place a new name over the football, some of the football lines show through and some of the cut lines will overlap....

Anything is more complicated than saying/typing it ...I do that all the time in SignBlazer ... so easy even Rodger or a Caveman can do it . Anybody wanting to do more than cut files ready to cut , should learn howw to do stuff like this . Jay has posted videos that show doing stuff like this . I have just started playing around with node editing & it is very easy to cut 1/2 off any image & add 1/2 of another image . adding a name like that is just a matter of splitting , welding , combining , punch thru etc . It takes a little experimenting .. but VERY easy .... at least in SignBlazer .