tjb1

New to Site and Cutting

I am looking to buy the MH series cutter in the 28" width, I have thought about the 34" but I havent really found any vinyl in that size so I decided to go with the 28". Few questions - Is the keyspan really necessary? I have a Macbook Pro but I can boot into Windows or I also have a Windows desktop so if it isnt required right now I would like to avoid it. Also, not sure on colors of vinyl but where is the cheapest place to get vinyl and transfer paper? And one last question, is it possible to use AutoCAD with the included software?

Get you a Pcut, and yes, save yourself some heartache, get a keyspan

Get you a Pcut, and yes, save yourself some heartache, get a keyspan

Cant afford a Pcut...

You can use autocad, you have to export the file, then cut it in Signblazer. USC is the cheapest on vinyl also

Ordered the MH 34" series, got some Tomato Red vinyl, 16.99 stuff. Cna anyone tell met he difference between the 651, 631 and cheaper stuff? Also for transfer tape, can I use multiple strips of it to cover instead of one big strip?

Better vinyl lasts longer outdoors. Get you some greenstar tack just to practice with to start off

I got 12" transfer but could I use two strips if a decal was say 24" wide?

yes , all I have used so far is 15" on up to 24" decals . 651 is for outside use & is medium grade . 631 is for inside use & comes off easy so you can apply to painted walls etc . I just took off the 1rst decals I ever made ( 4 years ago ), made from Oracal 651 & they were still perfect . Of course 751 is much better , but 651 does the job .

• Like 1

Ordered the cutter on Friday or Saturday, I know it wont ship until today (Tuesday, 9/6/2011). I am in Pennsylvania, any idea on when I can expect it with the $9 FedEx shipping. I think I read somewhere that USCutter has places in Washington and Tennessee, any hope for a Tn ship? :)

Where can I find this memory upgrade everyone is talking about? Anyone know what exactly the chip is called or even a picture, I like to shop around :D

Welcome!

FWIW, I ordered mine Thursday, late at night. It shipped from TN. I'm in PA as well and Fedex tracking says I'll have my cutter today.(Figures, I have a real hectic schedule at work and probably won't get to play with it today!)

Mines a Graphtec, though, so I don't know if different makes or models are kept in different warehouses. But USC will send you shipping confirmations and tracking numbers, they were good about that.

• Like 1

Its coming tomorrow which is great because I only have 1 class all day!

• Like 1