Sign in to follow this  
robson

Copam CP-2500 settings issues / questions

I am new to this business and I appreciate any help here. Originally I bought my COPAM CP-2500 to cut my vinyl graphics for my boat, but then I started to offer it as a service. Recently I did some decals for a truck and I learned that there is a paragraph of the text which gives me huge trouble when I need to weed it out. It is because vinyl to be weeded out hold to the decal on some micro threads, so when I weed it out, it lifts also the letters which suppose to stay on and I must push down every letter to break those micro ties. I would understand if it happens in corners, but it happens along the sides of letters. As a result it doesn’t produce clean edges. I attached the picture. I mentioned the text paragraph because of the troubles with weeding, but it is not limited just to that. I have graphics of maple leaf and on some diagonal edges it behaves the same. I feel that it might be some incorrect setting, or something obvious. I bought a new cleancut blade, but it didn’t fix the issue.

I also wanted to ask people on the forum, if somebody could tell me what speed setting are suitable for what kind of job.

And last question I wanted to ask about weeding. I noticed that weeding in one direction is easier than in other. Is it true? If so, how do I find right direction for easy weeding?

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.

sounds like you need to adjust your blade offset, also make sure your blade is barely out. It only takes the very tip to cut with. You should just barely see it.

• Like 1

I'm not sure about offset. When I cut test cut image it looks fine to me and there is no problem to weed it.

What is the best way to test 100% offset.

My blade is adjusted the way that when I take blade holder and cut vinyl by hand it goes just through vinyl, not through backing paper.

I'm not sure about offset. When I cut test cut image it looks fine to me and there is no problem to weed it.

What is the best way to test 100% offset.

My blade is adjusted the way that when I take blade holder and cut vinyl by hand it goes just through vinyl, not through backing paper.

ok, blade should only be making a slight mark in the backing paper, or none.

you can try adjusting the blade offset at + - in .05mm if using mm ,, see if it gets worse, if it gets worse, go back the other way.

For small text I usually run slow..

• Like 1

Approximately how small are the letters you are having trouble with?

Also - I think you forgot to attach your picture.

Approximately how small are the letters you are having trouble with?

Also - I think you forgot to attach your picture.

Those letters are about 2" high.

Have you made sure there are not any vinyl pieces in your blade holder? a drop of 3-1 oil in blade holder, make sure blade spins freely, Check that the blade tip hasn't broken off. A clean cut blade should start with a lot less force than regular blades.

Have you made sure there are not any vinyl pieces in your blade holder? a drop of 3-1 oil in blade holder, make sure blade spins freely, Check that the blade tip hasn't broken off. A clean cut blade should start with a lot less force than regular blades.

Thank you. I try your suggestion. Where can I buy this 3-1 oil?

3-1 oil, sewing machine oil, hard ware store, grocery store. Menards, Home depot, Lowes. Walmart, conviencence store, numereous places. It's a pretty common oil.