Sign in to follow this  
Jay2703

Embroidery File Type

Does anyone know what kind of file Embroidery applications use. One of my customers told me they want $80 do digitize his logo for embroidery on some shirts and hats. Does this sound like a fair price? It seems like some of you have mentioned embroidery as a sideline.

Around here it is around $60+, depending on the image.  You can get it done cheaper online.  Google "digitizing", most charge by the stitch or 1000 stitches.  I have CorelDrawings and do a little side work digitizing for a couple of embroidery shops around here but not very often.  They have to provide me with the vector or I won't mess with it and most people only have a jpg or a printout.  I charge $40, they charge the customer $60.

The wife does the embroidery - I do the file conversions -- pricing can be anywhere from $40.00 and up depending upon what needs to be done.

I really love it when they walk in with a photocopy of an image and they have written in the colors they want! Now I gotta go try to find a clean picture to work with.

I hope that falls into the $ And UP category. 

When I did screen printing, I would get everything from a business card to a FAX to work with, I charged accordingly. 

Yea, that one was in the WAY UP $$$$  -- Spent about 6 hours just trying to find the image, as I am not an artist -- I have trouble drawing a straight line with a ruler!!  :notsure: