randalle

LP 24 just advances vinyl, won't cut

I've been working on my LP trying to sort out some contour cutting issues and now I'm in a real jam... I opened a file in SC to cut out some ezweed for another project and every time I hit cut, it just advances the vinyl. I have to hit the kill switch to make it stop.

What did I do???

now on the rare chance i get a file to cut,,,, it cuts it 5x its actual size. FML. I'm going insane.

Anyone?!? PLEASE!!

Couple things.... in SC have you tried to cut or plot the default image to make sure everything is working as it should an eliminate the artwork file as the issue? Second, are you connected via serial or USB? I have an LP 24 and have found when cutting normally serial works fine, but contour cutting I tend to use USB, oddly something someone suggested to me with my new graphtec that will be here Wednesday....

Well, I went in and nosed around with the image size... didn't really change anything, just clicked around in SC.

(this is where it gets weird-er)

I saw that a 2"x2" image was saying that it was going to use 6x6 of vinyl. Weird! So I manually set it to a lower setting and cut and it worked. Sooooo, then I opened a file that was cutting incorrectly earlier and all of a sudden it is sized correctly, and cut correctly as well.

Unreal. It seems as though something got cross in the app and only when I went in and started manually changing things did it correct itself. Mind you, this is across multiple reboots and even a SC uninstall / re-install. The issue did exist after the reinstall.

It seems to be working now. Fingers crossed for continued good luck.

I am running W7 and USB only. A few weeks ago, I was contour cutting my brains out on this thing. I had it dialed in perfect. Nothing has changed, just my luck. I can't get it to CC.... up until tonights episode, I could at least count on it to cut normal (not CC)...

ugggggh!

I mean this thing has just gone bat sh## crazy over the last 3 days.

I still don't have an answer as to why it was only advancing the vinyl and not cutting at all... which is where my efforts tonight began. Oh well. Too late to make any money today. I'll start over tomorrow night and see what cutter karma has in store for me.

You said straight USB? You have a keyspan adapter between that?

yes. I know the advice is to get a keyspan...

Typically, if a true need to run an adapter is present... is it present from the beginning or does it develop after time? My gut would say it would be there fromt the giddy up. Mine ran fine for 3 months, now it has the crazies.

If that is the ultimate solution, I'm going to be very upset with USC for not making it a standard part of the cutter package.

Now Show, even you have seen this issue a thousand times. It does happen over time as well.

I've posted my head off over this issue with usb communication and the keyspan adapter.

Upset with USC? There's a sticky on the forum warning about this issue.

Anyhow, if you need help message me and I'll take a look at it for you.

Hope this helps you man

alright. back in business. how 'exactly'... i'm not sure.

As expected, it was a combination of knowns and unknowns.

Uncontrollable vinyl feeding.... static, maybe? lack of keyspan, maybe? Not happening today. Weird. <--- but thank all things holy that it isn't.

Off size on my CC, the 3 pt reg got turned off during my re-install. My bad.

Also, the 11.81 by 11.81 was actually 11.75 by 11.75. More weirdness. Changed that and did a re-cal of my laser and it has DOBA accuracy now.

Great Show!!! Glad your back in business..... now while you up and running, HURRY GET A KEYSPAN heheheheehehhe :D

that good fortune lasted all of an hour. i am beat to submission. tomorrow, keyspan.