rose

Another Question

Sorry for so many questions.  Those of you who do the Corriguated Plastic yard signs do you use a wet application to apply your vinyl?

thanks again for you help

Rose

I don't know about the US however here in Australia i have watched hundreds being made up.

All were done dry.

Experiment and find what works for you -- ALWAYS.

Trusts this helps

Jerry from SignBlazer.

Guest fivestar

I do them both wet and dry.  I try to do them dry if possible because it is quicker, but if there is alot of different colors I do them wet.

I do them dry because wet takes forever on Coroplast. here is a tip (thanks to Beardown) that has saved me many hours of work...I use a TENNIS BALL to rub the vinyl into the grooves in coroplast(after a regular sqeegie),always rubbing in the direction of the grooves,never across.l I get total adhesion,no bubbles. That Tennis ball was the cheapest tool I ever had to buy and probably the one I use the most,

Wow!!!  I would never have thought of that one!!!  Thanks for the great tip!  I will be going out to buy a tennis ball as soon as it quits snowing here!! 

Rose

Guest Terry

The tennis ball is also used on rivets (trailers, semis etc...) I do wet and dry, depends on how many colors to line up.

Good point there Terry...when I have to layer on coroplast, I usually do the first layer dry,and then the others wet.

One thing about the tennis ball...if you have a dog,don't drop it on the floor. They usually don't like giving it back.

Good point there Terry...when I have to layer on coroplast, I usually do the first layer dry,and then the others wet.

One thing about the tennis ball...if you have a dog,don't drop it on the floor. They usually don't like giving it back.

Does dog drool make a good wet application solution?

I don't know,my dog doesn't drool...but he says I do,when I sleep.