Sign in to follow this  
ff-extreme

Supplies

Hi All, Im just starting out ( i didnt even receive my machine yet) I ordered the copam 2500 ( hoe its good!) I was wondering where is a good place to get supplies like lic plate blanks and banner rolls

what should a begginer get?

Also what is the proper name for the paper that goes over the decal? I have heard people call it masking paper and application tape, is there a differance between the clear and what looks like frosted?

Thanks

There's all kinds of sign supply companies on the internet.  SignWarehouse, Fellers, SignSupply, etc.

Check your phone book.  If you're in a reasonably populated place there should be a sign supply company there.  This way you don't have to pay for shipping.

I call it application tape, others call it whatever.  Kind of like calling it soda or pop.

Clear is typically used when you're layering two or more colors of vinyl so you can see what you're doing.  Almost everyone prefers to use the regular type for everything else.

Welcome to the site :huh: ... I buy a lot of my supplies from http://earlmich.com/  They also do business on E-Bay...  Go to the vinyl section of the forum and get signed up for the free vinyl from Arlon and Avery.  Then PRACTICE with this free vinyl,,, better screwing up free stuff than stuff you paid for.  Practice cutting different fonts, shadows, detailed stuff, then you get the hang of using the programs and weeding etc..  The tape to put over the decal is called transfer tape or application tape.  The paper stuff( I think this is what you are calling frosted) is general tape and used with wet applications, and I belive it is the easiest to work with myself...  The clear tape is plastic and is made so you can see where you are putting the decal, but you cannot do wet application with it. 

I am with you ff-extreme. I don't know anything about these machines or the vinal. I just put together the stand and today I am going to install the program. I did get 3 free rolls from some company that people had talked about inthis forum. The vinal and tape is an Avery product.

I am going to look today for a place to buy more vinal. Hell, I have not even checked out this companies price on supplies. If they are the same as the rest I will buy from US Cutter.

USCutter has a great price on vinyl, and the stuff works great -- got the sample roll and a roll of white for a project I am working on. Gotta say -- LOVE IT ---

:thanks: :well done: :woohoo: USCutter  :you rock: