peteyf

Need Help on Creation PCUT 24-25" Vinyl Cutter Plotter

Hi,

I bought this Pcuter back in 10/09. It has been a great cutter.

I use this cutter a lot to cut vinyl letters, heat transfer or designs and have not had any problems until today.

Today I was cutting a roll of Easy Weed material and it worked great...than the blade would cut some letters and some were not being cut.

I than put a new blade in and set the pressure it little bit higher to 140 and turned the machine off for a while.

Turned it back on...worked great until half way...than it looked like the pressure was letting up and the cut was very light and I could not weed.

Can you please help?

Thanks

Petey

Sounds like what my laserpoint has been doing.... is your cutting strip worn at all??? That is my issue. Too bad their backordered since god knows when....

I have a Copam, but it looks like I could adapt a hard plastic strip on it , if it was not repairable with reflective tape ( or missing like VM's ) . I would try to glue a strip on it until replacement strips were available .

Yes it is, check to see if it has any wear at all.

@Vinyl, There's something you can use instead of those strips, search the forum, there's tape or something I read on time about this subject, they used to replace the strip.

Mine isn't missing, but when I got my cutter it was badly worn from the idiot who owned it before.... in turning it around I think it stretched slightly on one end causing uneven pressure on one end of the cutter.... I was wondering if I could pull it out and use a self adhesive one from a graphtec or something depending on the thickness and width... might be a solution for the OP as well to replace or repair the strip....

The laserpoint and PCut use most of the same parts too... several other distributors sell a CTO630 (same model as LP24) from Creation/Shenzen or whatever in China. One would think somewhere someone would have a guranteed fit for this silly thing!!! Skeeter PM'd me a few replacement cutting strips but most were twice the cost of the one on USCutters site.

Crappy thing is I ordered one from USC. I didnt find they were backordered until my order came and umm, not there! I called and their like oh, yea, sorry 'bout that one... we will refund you. Almost hints they don't have high hopes of seeing any, any time soon.....

I don't think the width or thickness should matter as long as somewhat close . The blade drops until whatever pressure you have dialed in is reached . Wider would not hurt either . I am not a cutter tech , but I did stay at a Hilday Inn Express last night .............

Yes, they were a bit higher,, BUT. how much money are you losing by not cutting? You would get your money back real quick. It's kinda like going to the convenience store. You know the item is cheaper at the grocery store, but here you are at the convenience store. Cutting vinyl is my living, so I would have jumped on it and paid more, I would have had it installed and already been cutting. just my thoughts. :D

Yes, they were a bit higher,, BUT. how much money are you losing by not cutting? You would get your money back real quick. It's kinda like going to the convenience store. You know the item is cheaper at the grocery store, but here you are at the convenience store. Cutting vinyl is my living, so I would have jumped on it and paid more, I would have had it installed and already been cutting. just my thoughts. :D

Skeeter!!! Are you price gouging!!!! ahahaahahahhaha

Yeah, I would have paid you more for them also. If I needed one I sure would. Backorder? Are those strips backordered Vinyl?

I don't think the width or thickness should matter as long as somewhat close . The blade drops until whatever pressure you have dialed in is reached . Wider would not hurt either . I am not a cutter tech , but I did stay at a Hilday Inn Express last night .............

LOL!!! On the LP24 and the PCut, It would have to be close.... I don't think the cutter actually knows what pressure its giving- I think it knows how much voltage its sending to the solenoid and thats what you get... you dial it from there. So if it wasn't quite there you could dial UP the pressure, or DOWN if it was too thick. But on the PCut and LP, the cutting strip is actually recessed in a channel thats about 1/4" wide, probably a just over 1/32nd deep, making the strip just under 1/16th.... So it would have to fit IN that channel, but would imagine SOMETHING would be close right>>>>? Can someone measure their copam/graphtec/roland strip and post its dimensions>>> and if its self adhesive or press in?>

I am only a home based, part-time cutter. I can get by with being careful and upping my pressure enough to make it weedable. My next show isn't until October and I am only about 900$ short of a CE5000 which is my target, and I will get rid of this LP. I need a cutter that if something fails, a part wont take 5 months to be in stock. As it was it took 3 to get the backplate for the carriage assembly replaced.

Yeah, I would have paid you more for them also. If I needed one I sure would. Backorder? Are those strips backordered Vinyl?

I wasn't price gouging, I was showing VM different websites that sold the Creation Pcuts and parts,/PCut cutting strips. Yes, they were higher, but YES, they also had them. LOL It all depends on how long you want to wait, and lose money by not working.

He wasn't gouging me lol... Just gave me some options, which I very much appreciated!!!

Mike @ USCutter told me they were backordered. He refunded my 20$ as I had ordered a 48 so I could replace AND have a spare... Which ordering the dumb thing was the sole purpose of my order. SO I could have waited another 6 weeks and ordered everything I needed then instead of half, but now I get to pay shipping a 2nd time. Kind of miffed about that but its 10$ so whoopde I guess.

Thanks ALL for your help.

I turned off my machine for a while...put another blade in...and it seems to working fine...for the moment.

I will see what happens :D

Thanks again,

Petey

Yeah keep an eye out on it, and if all else fails use a bigger hammer. LOL

But I would really check it out, try turning your cutting strip around and see if anything changes too... otherwise I would get on the phone to the great techs @ USC and see wha they can find out.

the higher strip was $30.00. If not spending $30.00, kept me from making MORE money, I would need my butt kicked for not spending it. But that's just me. It all depends on how busy you are... I am busy..and I am home based also. I ship everything I do.

I know Skeeter, just jerkin your chain hehehehee ;)

Vinyl, I'm joking with ya man, bummer about the out of stock strip, did you buy your cutter used?

He wasn't gouging me lol... Just gave me some options, which I very much appreciated!!!

Skeeter = NO external plumbing

HE? heheeheheehehehe Vinyl, Skeet's a good looking woman, do a search on the forum, for HOT CHICKS you'll see her :thumbsup:;)

HE? heheeheheehehehe Vinyl, Skeet's a good looking woman man

Good Looking Woman Man :huh:??:huh:??:huh:??

what :huh:?? :)

I know Skeeter, just jerkin your chain hehehehee ;)

Vinyl, I'm joking with ya man, bummer about the out of stock strip, did you buy your cutter used?

HE? heheeheheehehehe Vinyl, Skeet's a good looking woman, do a search on the forum, for HOT CHICKS you'll see her :thumbsup:;)

She, sorry my phone sucks and cant tell the difference. but yes I bought it used. LP 24 with stand shipped for 350 and was only 3 months old... So should have been like new.

Like new? It didn't have me operating it for 1 month heheheeheh poor machine weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :unsure:

She, sorry my phone sucks and cant tell the difference. but yes I bought it used. LP 24 with stand shipped for 350 and was only 3 months old... So should have been like new.

Hmmm , That is some phone .. what model is that ? :blink:

Hmmm , That is some phone .. what model is that ? :blink:

HTC Evo Shif, Got it 3 days before launch day in February.... My local sprint rep REALLY likes my business. It is a great phone just this forum doesn't seem to play nice with it.... And the latest update to Android 2.3 has a more agressive task killer that kicks the HTC Sense UI out the door so it has to reload every time you browse or do anything....

My LP don't get me wrong has been a great cutter. I need a second one to perform well at the upcoming craft shows I have but instead of buying a PCut, or even a copam... I am going to shoot straight for the graphtec with ARMS>

:thumbsup: , I have a Blackberry 9670 flip phone .. it does not have that option you have ..............