deth502

"frozen" eps and ai files

this is not a new problem. ive put up with it for as long as i can remember. ever since i started cutting, it would happen with ai files, thats the main reason that to today i try to avoid them at any cost. but lately, its happening now more and more with eps files.

heres the problem, when im trying to arrange my eps files, ie, move to different file folders and/or delete, at seemingly random times, some files will just throw an error "this file is in use and must be closed first" or something like that, even though the file IS NOT open and/or in use by me anywhere.

running a vista os. also have illustrator 10ce. the eps problems didnt seem to start untill after i installed illy. i dont think illy is at fault though, as i routinely run it as this happens. let me clarify that....

i often just smack the kb when i save in the middle of a project, so ill have a lot of files like "dfwerf" and "ienjf", so i dont know what they are looking at them. when i go to organize then, i will click it, it will open in illy, then ill see what it is and move it to the appropriate folder. again, it works fine most of the time, some files are just "frozen" since it works the same like that when they are actually open in illy, i dont think that that is to blame.

now, the only cure ive found is to just let teh files alone until i restart, then, if i get lucky, they will be "unfrozen"

anyone know why this happens? if some other program is associating the ai and eps files that needs to be terminated first? this is really starting to get on my nerves when i have 3-4 rouge files and i have to restart 4-5 times to move/ get rid of them.

unfortunately, the comp i use for cutting is not online to remote to. i do have a little pc board thats supposed to go into it somewhere to allow it to connect through wifi, but ill be damned is i know where to install it at. ive taken off as many covers as im comfortable with (thats just about all of them) and cant find a hole the shape of this card. if i do any designing or download any images on here, i just thumb drive them back and forth.

any easy tricks on finding out?

is there a way i can check the properties and see what program is supposed to be using it?

Your wifi card a usb? Or is it bigger than that?

its a wifi "card", i guess. its about iirc, 1"x 1-1/2". someone gave it to me telling em it would work with my dell laptop. could never figure out where it went though. not sure i could even find it at this point, but i have a good idea of where it SHOULD be.

Hey Deth, that sounds like a usb wifi, just plug it in your usb ports, any one of them, load the drivers for it, wala :thumbsup: