touska

Urgent help needed with Copam 4050-Please

Hi,

I have got a Copam 4050 recently and I have cut 5-6 decals with it. Today, when I wanted to cut a 46x56 decal, in the middle of the job, when the cutter was pulling the vinyl back, it made a very loud noise and vinyl stopped rolling back for a moment and then it rolled back normally. It happened once more during the jub and as a result, some parts were overlapped the other parts. It happened for the next job and actually, I could never cut anything with it. It might be helpful to let you know that if I dont put vinyl in the cutter and just try to send a job from Signcut to the cutter, I never hear the noise, but if I put vinyl in the cutter, it happens, sooner or later in the middle of the job. I have tried it with different files and it happens for all of them. Surprisingly, for each file, if i try cut that out for several times, it happens exactly at the same places each time.

I appreciate your kind helps or suggestions.

Do you have enough vinyl unrolled so the cutter does not have to pukk it from the roll ? ex ; have at least 56 unrolled . check the belt to see if any cogs are damaged .

Yeah I always unroll the vinyl before the cutter starts. I dont see anything unusual on the belt (Both sides are looking brand new and no damages on cogs). one strange thing is that when I abort the cutting job from the panel of the cutter, the head starts going forwards and backwards looking like its cutting, but the blade is not down and actually, its just moving. These moving are quite different from the normal cutting moves and are noisy comparing to normal cuts.

Surprisingly, I could cut one sign successfully after all making vinyl wastes. Im not sure if it will go crazy again or not :(

Any help is much appreciated.

I abort the cutting process by turning the power off at the cutter ( Copam 2500 ) . It might be something in the rollers that move the vinyl back & forth . I have no clue how to open that up in order to look . I would call & or put in a support ticket with USCutter & get info from the experts that are not guessing like me :)