Kenla

Am I asking to much of Inkscape

The past month I have been has been exploring Inkscape albeit at a very slow pace; as I have to research, read & listen to video tutorials & seek the advise of you honourable members but it has been very rewarding. I am persistent, eager to learning so I keep moving on however I don't know if I am looking for to much from Inkscape. Presently I am trying to vectorize the attached jpeg image sent me but I've noticed that it's extremely small & it's stressing me out.Can someone please tell me if I need to try & resize the jpeg first or can I vectorize it in the first place. I am aware that some images can be real crap but the person who sent it is saying that is all they've got but need me to do a one color job of 30 tees. You help would be profoundly appreciated.

post-7182-0-89843800-1308679949_thumb.jp

I think yoou're asking/expecting too much out of any tracing program. The pic is noisy and anti-aliased, and it's a jpeg; all bad!

I gave it a quick shot in Corel X3. It's just too rough and noisy, but here's my eps file. I cleaned up most of the white area but the dark areas need a lot of work...

IISLI2.eps

Kenla, I ran it through inkscape and it did a pretty good job. Here is what you do... open the image in your favorite photo editing software and make the image black and white. Then run it through inkscape. Something else to remember here. Scrap the lettering and recreate it. The top is simple Impact font and the text on the ribbons looks like Arial font and the text on the book looks like modified Arial. If you need to touch the image up after your vectorize it, cut the image in half do all your editing and modifying until you are satisfied then copy and paste the half and flip image horizontally and weld together. That image is rather simple. You only need to worry about 1 bird, half of book, scale and ribbon.

Thank you very much guys, you have both enlighten me on a number of concerns. Tekcorps I will be trying out the tutorial tomorrow & will inform. Thanks again.