Sign in to follow this  
FutureSgtsWife

I know you're tired of my questions....

But all I've been able to cut is text that I create in SB.... I have a gazillion images that I'd love to use - but I don't know how to convert them.  Yes, I have Inkscape.  Aside from opening the damn thing and importing my .jpg, I don't know what to do to get it to convert it to a usable .eps.  I've tried just "save as", which would have been too easy had it worked right....  So i spent a long time reading other posts... but have no clue what I should be doing.

Any help?? 

Thanks!

Lisa

Lisa, what type of files are your other images? It will make a difference on how to use them.

I dunno...you need to 'save as' and chose .eps,then click OK when the little box pops up that should have 'convert text to paths' checked...then import the .eps into SB.Be sure and name the file and remember where you saved it.

I will usually use Vector Magic to vectorize jpg's.

http://vectormagic.stanford.edu/

Go to this site, Browse to the file location, select your file and hit upload. It walks you through some questions (Multiple choice with 2 or 3 options and graphics to explain) about your image that are pretty self explanitory. It will turn your image into a .eps file that you download to your computer. Import it into SignBlazer.

Like anything else the cleaner your graphics are going in the better they come out.

Give it a try.

With InkScape, select your image once it is in InkScape, then go to Path, then Trace Bitmap. Mess with the threshold settings until you get a good trace, and you will need to click OK, after every adjustment to see the changes. Once you got it close enough to how you want the trace, then just click OK, and then close the trace window. You now have the trace and the original, one on tope of the other. Delete the original image to leave you with the vector. Go to File, then Save As, and save it as an .eps, and make sure you rename the file at the top. Simple once you get the hang of it.

I really do like Inkscape. Its easy to use and it WORKS!!!

I betcha it has saved me thousands of dollars over the last year and a half.