Dsigns4U

New QE60 Cutter, will not make good cuts

I recently bought a qe60 cutter and LXi Master Plus software at a pretty steep discount. This cutter however so far is less than stellar. I've got a few problems already. Everytime I put a roll of vinyl in, it wants me to realign rollers. I realign for 20 minutes to finally get it to work. Then it wants to check the vinyl which wastes another 5 minutes. My old junky MH871 never had any mess like this. That is only minor however. The main problem is it will not cut good. The letters come out with extra cut out of them, especially ones with circles like Os and 0s. They also are cut jagged. I've looked at the factory manual and the troubleshoot section fails. I tried their ideas on how to make it cut good by adjusting offset but to no avail. What settings should I have it on to cut regular Oracal 651 vinyl? What settings cut shirt vinyl like Siser Easyweed? This cutter has been holding my business up entirely too much. The LXi software however is great. Now that I understand it better it has made creating alot easier but the cutter just won't cut it so pretty. Thanks for any help.

I can't help you much . I plugged my Copam in & it worked great , of couse that was when I knew very little , it cuts even better now . The extra cuts probably come from the file you are cutting , unless there is some intracate weeding options checked . You can always go back to your " junky " MH871 until you figure this gem out .

I recently bought a qe60 cutter and LXi Master Plus software at a pretty steep discount. This cutter however so far is less than stellar. I've got a few problems already. Everytime I put a roll of vinyl in, it wants me to realign rollers. I realign for 20 minutes to finally get it to work. Then it wants to check the vinyl which wastes another 5 minutes. My old junky MH871 never had any mess like this. That is only minor however. The main problem is it will not cut good. The letters come out with extra cut out of them, especially ones with circles like Os and 0s. They also are cut jagged. I've looked at the factory manual and the troubleshoot section fails. I tried their ideas on how to make it cut good by adjusting offset but to no avail. What settings should I have it on to cut regular Oracal 651 vinyl? What settings cut shirt vinyl like Siser Easyweed? This cutter has been holding my business up entirely too much. The LXi software however is great. Now that I understand it better it has made creating alot easier but the cutter just won't cut it so pretty. Thanks for any help.

realign rollers, just make sure the rollers are straight on top the bottom grid rollers,look at it dead on. or go in the background settings and turn off the media sensors and roller sensors.I turned mine off from the git go. Your cutter is made by Graphtec, offset is ZERO 0, You probably have the blade out too far. Take the blade holder out of the machine, and in your hand cut across a piece of scrap vinyl hard. You should be cutting the vinyl, but not cutting into the paper backing, or barely a mark on the paper backing.

• Like 2