hey in new here im got a vinyl master xy-380p which is a dessay xy-380p cutter the guy just gave it to me because he was going out of business he had about 4 cutters im trying to figure out how to work this cutter i got a new hp laptop with windows 7 and everything is install sign blazer and flexi 8.1. im really tired of being "bsed" around by the fellow cutters in my area and the guy who gave it to me he said if it works give me 100.00 for it but he said not to pay until im statified with it so ? i have this cutter done been through a bunch of stuff it with not coperate with my hp but i had a guy give me a desktop using this desktop and the cutter which application do i click on to get the software on this desktop i really would like to use my laptop to do vinyl but for some reason its not working i need to get flexi 8.1 on the desktop and the cutter added to the printer port it has a 25 pin plug so does my desktop willl it work or is it better to say the heck with this cutter and go brand new so i can use my labtop?

looking at this one but idk which it is on uscutter.com i have signblazer and flexi8.1 already installed on the laptop im really ready to start cutting cause people here want graphics please help

http://cgi.ebay.com/280666043103?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%3A80%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp4712.m570.l1313%26_nkw%3D280666043103%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

hey in new here im got a vinyl master xy-380p which is a dessay xy-380p cutter the guy just gave it to me because he was going out of business he had about 4 cutters im trying to figure out how to work this cutter i got a new hp laptop with windows 7 and everything is install sign blazer and flexi 8.1. im really tired of being "bsed" around by the fellow cutters in my area and the guy who gave it to me he said if it works give me 100.00 for it but he said not to pay until im statified with it so ? i have this cutter done been through a bunch of stuff it with not coperate with my hp but i had a guy give me a desktop using this desktop and the cutter which application do i click on to get the software on this desktop i really would like to use my laptop to do vinyl but for some reason its not working i need to get flexi 8.1 on the desktop and the cutter added to the printer port it has a 25 pin plug so does my desktop willl it work or is it better to say the heck with this cutter and go brand new so i can use my labtop?

looking at this one but idk which it is on uscutter.com i have signblazer and flexi8.1 already installed on the laptop im really ready to start cutting cause people here want graphics please help

http://cgi.ebay.com/..._fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Honestly with all of the questions you have etc. I would actually buy one directly from the USCutter website just for the extended warranty and support period. Money well spent! Not too many folks around here are going to know much about the dessay unit as from my understanding not a very common or new for that matter, unit. Maybe I am wrong- BUT, point being... If you are going to buy new- don't just jump into anything god forbid to have one. Know what you're buying and what you will be using it for- THEN buy. Buy one that fits your needs as well as comes with any needed software and support you may need and then some.

Just my 2cents.

$100.00?:huh: I didn't know that guy was charging you for that cutter?

I thought it was gave to you?

But anyhow, give the machine back and get you a Pcut, if you going to do contouring, get the Laserpoint machine.

Vinyl's right, get one from Uscutter.com so you will have a warranty etc.

Plus it comes with a free one year subscription to Signcut software.

Like I said before 8.1 Flexi isn't compatible with the 64 bit systems.

It was manufactured when the 32 bit systems were released.

Email me and I'll see what I can walk you through on this.

Oh man I forgot about signcut too! Most definitely WORTH IT!!!! That signcut license is worth just under 90$ all by itself.... I use Flexi 8.1 and it works hap-hazardly on my Windows 7 Home machine (64 bit...) so definitely a no go-. I have noticed however, it does kind of work better on my machine that is running Win7 64 Ultimate> :huh: I don't have a clue why.

Yeah, it will hit and miss on 64 bit, I've even tried to run it from the 32 bit side, no go either. Best bet is XP with that software.

You could maybe try to split the disk in 2 partition's and install XP on one side to run your software, I have a few customer's that are setup like this.

Like I said though Livin, get you a new machine for an extra 100 or 2 and get everything you need, those desay's are old and your going to have headache's with that one

Hope this helps