Sign in to follow this  
34Ford

Going from ce5000-60 to fc7000-75 worth it?

I have my eye on a Graphtec FC7000-75 for $1000 and Im wondering if it would be considered a move up from my ce5000-60. Would it be worth a 7 hour drive one way, spending money for a room, and 7 hours back?

The 7000 came out back in '05 if that matters.

I would jump on it - I had one of the earlier fc machines and it was the best cutter for small stuff I ever used!

The guy answered me fast and sent some pics of it. But I just got thru doing a round trip down into lower Georgia buying a screen press and I just cant get motivated into a even longer trip for 6 more inches of width.

I may have found another 7000 that is wider for $2000 and only 2 hours away. The guy left his phone number, so I guess I will call him. Craigslist sellers are a little different due to scams. Some answer the emails and some dont. But all in all, it has saved me a lot of money.

I found a fc7000-100 this morning for 2 grand and get this, he is going to ship it to a store about 10 miles from me for no additional cost. And I might even offer less. They were cutting window tint and their computer got a virus and they didn't want to spend $1200 for replacement software. Dont make sense, but what the heck.

I am pumped.

They took great care of it, even have original boxes!

Forgot to ask if its a MK2. Will go look at it next tuesday.