jent

New MH871 + win7 + AI CS5 + no serial ports

Hi. I just bought an MH871. I bought a new computer to set it up on. It has win7, 8 USB ports, a DVI for my monitor, USB mouse & keyboard connections, and two HDMI ports. No serial ports. :blink: I've got 3 other computers and this is the 1st one I've purchased that didn't have a regular serial port - I hear most new computers don't have them anymore...I just assumed it had one. Other note: I've installed my new printer via USB port and I've been using it already - I use it to print products for my customers so I have to have my printer hooked up.

I installed SignBlazer & SignCut. I've got SignCut and AI CS5 talking to each other 100% so that's good to go. I haven't been able to get my cutter to show up on my computer though. I've tried figuring out which USB/port is which, but it's a nightmare and I don't have a clue. When I go into computer management/device management/etc, I just see a huge list of ports and don't know which one to set anything up with. I can't tell them apart.

I'd prefer to install the cutter via USB then to go buy a new serial card and have to install that 1st. I do have two expansion slots...if I end up not being able to go the USB route.

Silly Q: There are two white tape like strips running the length of the cutter, near the rollers. Am I suppose to remove them?

Hi. I just bought an MH871. I bought a new computer to set it up on. It has win7, 8 USB ports, a DVI for my monitor, USB mouse & keyboard connections, and two HDMI ports. No serial ports. :blink: I've got 3 other computers and this is the 1st one I've purchased that didn't have a regular serial port - I hear most new computers don't have them anymore...I just assumed it had one. Other note: I've installed my new printer via USB port and I've been using it already - I use it to print products for my customers so I have to have my printer hooked up.

I installed SignBlazer & SignCut. I've got SignCut and AI CS5 talking to each other 100% so that's good to go. I haven't been able to get my cutter to show up on my computer though. I've tried figuring out which USB/port is which, but it's a nightmare and I don't have a clue. When I go into computer management/device management/etc, I just see a huge list of ports and don't know which one to set anything up with. I can't tell them apart.

I'd prefer to install the cutter via USB then to go buy a new serial card and have to install that 1st. I do have two expansion slots...if I end up not being able to go the USB route.

Silly Q: There are two white tape like strips running the length of the cutter, near the rollers. Am I suppose to remove them?

I can fix this fast for a small fee, Email me

Anyone?

The tapes are called cutting strips leave them if I read your post correctly..I think your answer to the ports problem is answered by Ash Computers post..I have used his services and recommend his talents on fixing a computer problem..When all else fails sometimes you have to have someone else step in..Sorry thats the only suggestion I would have...

Or you can call tech support from USC and have them remote in and see if they can help..They may charge for their services too?:huh:

stetson5331

The tapes are called cutting strips leave them if I read your post correctly..I think your answer to the ports problem is answered by Ash Computers post..I have used his services and recommend his talents on fixing a computer problem..When all else fails sometimes you have to have someone else step in..Sorry thats the only suggestion I would have...

Or you can call tech support from USC and have them remote in and see if they can help..They may charge for their services too?:huh:

stetson5331

I don't mind having to tinker with a few things to get everything going, but I don't think I should have to pay more $$. I have a typical setup. (From what I've read on the forums, Ash Computers seems to be very knowledgeable and I'm sure I'll solicit their help at some point in the future. :thumbsup: ) I feel that USCutter should have an interest in assisting me at the moment. Maybe I'm wrong. Regardless, I'm sure I'll figure it out at some point. B)

I too agree USC should help you out..I have good things to say about their tech support when I needed them they were right on the issue and had a very knowledgable staff..I just don't know if they would charge for your issue...If it tuens out to be a computer problem not a cutter issue is what I was getting at...

Wish I could be of more help, good luck on fixing your troubles..

Hello again, the problem with usb ports not showing is a computer related problem, not a cutter problem.

So, USC isn't responsible for fixing the issue.

Email me and we'll see if I can't help you once for free lol

This is how I feed the kids weeeeeeee

I'm always willing to help when I can

submit a ticket and usc will help you out. the tape over the front strip is to be removed on a reifne cutter it covers the "cut thru" area when using the front hole on the cutter. USC is usually good about helping with issues like this. it brings you back when you want to upgradegrin.gif

submit a ticket and usc will help you out. the tape over the front strip is to be removed on a refine cutter it covers the "cut thru" area when using the front hole on the cutter. USC is usually good about helping with issues like this. it brings you back when you want to upgradegrin.gif

That's exactly what I was thinking. It makes sense to me to help a client out here and there, especially if it keeps them coming back for more. I'm getting a helper in about a month and I plan on buying another machine or two - but I figured I'd start out with an inexpensive one to get the hang of it 1st. Everything I ordered so far was packaged really well and arrived fast. I love that kind of service.

Thanks for the tip :thumbsup: ...I'll try submitting a ticket and see how it goes.

It was kinda hard to tell what stickers were suppose to stay on and which ones I was suppose to pull off. With our near 100% humidity down here off and on, even the purple USCutter logo stickers were half coiling up and falling off. I didn't want to yank off the white ones if they were meant to stay in place to protect the black rubber strips. Thanks B)

Way to go DAK!!! Your a great helper, helpy helperton hehehehehe

• Like 1

Oh goodness!!! Tom sent me the USB driver and I installed it again. Nothing seemed to change so far. Then.....I went into SignCut to "settings", then to "cutter" and changed the default output from PDF to USB and it started cutting!!!! I am soooooooo :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D happy happy joy joy right now! lol

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate it!!!

heheeheh it was set to PDF? lol Glad you got it fixed!!!!

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thank you again Helpy Helperton hehehehe :thumbsup: