sdjdask

new, looking for advice, suggestions

thinking of making my order and was looking for advice, suggestions as well as some questions answered. I am thinking of ordering the USCutter Value T-Shirt Starter Package - MH721/ 15 x 15 Clamshell Heat Press as well as the Sign Shop In a Box supply starter pack. I have a acer laptop running windows 7...is a keyspan needed, or am i better off finding a desktop running xp? Instead of the greenstar starter pack that i was looking at, i am thinking I may be better off buying a few rolls of oracal instead. Color wise I was thinking white, black, red, silver and a cobalt blue in the 651 and possibly brown and black in the 631 for some wall art...are these the best starter color choices? also I was wondering if it is worth ordering the extra roland blade holder and blades right at the start. As well, seeing as how I am in Canada I was wondering if there would be any issues in warranty if I had it sent to a parcel service in the states and picked it up from there as I am only 2 hours from the border and even at these prices the fuel is a third of the cost of shipping.(asking on the off chance anyone else has done it that way). Thanks!

Oracal is a great choice for material......651 and 631 will cover signs, banners and wall art....I like 751 for vehicles...I think you have the colours nailed.....If you can get 50 yard rolls of black and red do it....You will burn through short rolls of these colours very quick....And white for the 751....Good luck....

Where's Ash??? Yes, get the Keyspan. Although I don't use USB, everyone else says the Keyspan is the only reliable way to go.

I will also add that when I bought, I read back a couple years in this forum. I finally decided on a Pcut machine and don't regret it for a minute. Also get the stand. Most recommended that too and I thank them for it.

I can't really offer anything about the vinyl because this is a hobby for me, but black & white do go faster than I thought. So far I've only used inches of red. I think that goes for the pros more? I only have one small roll of Greenstar in white. I have no complaints with it. Everything else is Oracal, which has no complaints either ;D

I agree with the idea of an extra blade holder. Why? Because the 45 degree blade works great, unless you need a 60 degree blade :D I find it much easier to switch holder than blades in a single holder. But to be honest, once I installed the 60 degree blade, I saw no reason to switch back...

Good luck with it all!

Thanks! I looked at the pcut originally, and searched on the forums but I really couldn't find anything concrete that warrants the extra $100, especially when I have a set amount of available funds. I do realize that yes I get what i pay for. I have no expectations that this is going be more than a hobby, but if it turns into more...I have my eye on a copam, lol. Again Thanks.

Believe me, I understand about the cost. I struggled for a week about spending the extra on the Pcut. I still blame it on the drugs I was taking at the time ;) But I don't regret it, so far anyway. I just wish I had a bit more creativity...