Sign in to follow this  
BBOwen

RC Airplane Decals

Here are my first RC plane decals. The wing decals are before, during and after shots. There are a lot more to come.

post-1886-12986515168982_thumb.jpg

post-1886-12986515170255_thumb.jpg

post-1886-12986515171038_thumb.jpg

post-1886-12986515187035_thumb.jpg

post-1886-12986515187459_thumb.jpg

post-1886-12986515187871_thumb.jpg

That can't be a cheap hobby. Decals are looking great!

True, it is not a cheap hobby. Sometimes I wonder about my sanity  :sign: . I bought a cutter just to make decals for my planes,  :rolleyes:  Maybe I can get a few paying jobs to help pay for this addiction, uh I mean, hobby.

Nice job on the decals!!

Some days gambling is cheaper than R/C, I was thinking one day that there must be and easier way

to cut paint mask......................TADAAAA!!!!! Now we have a cutter!  D-oh!!

HaHa, paint mask is my next task. I have Ju-87 Stuka that is composite body and is painted. I don't want to put decals over paint. So am going to have to invest in some paint mask. Where is a good place to get that?

Please let me know how it goes.  I was happy to see that someone else suffers from the same problem and also purchased a cutter for RC airplane purchases.  I will receive the cutter tomorrow.  I convinced myself that it will work on Monokote and the time-savings alone will pay for it in no time :)

I guess you know that the fuel used in most model airplanes will work it's way underneath the vinyl and start lifting. Gotta find a way to seal those edges. If it's electric, no problem.

Nice job on the decals. Is that a P-47 Thunderbolt Razorback? My hubby builds electric RC planes, and is currently working on a custom designed 50" span push-pull. He's been salivating over the fact that I've had to purchase the CP-2500 for business, 'cause it'd be a bit much for just a hobby right now. He can't wait to get his hands on the machine. I just ordered it yesterday and it won't go out until Monday. Hoping it won't take more than 5 days to get from Washington to Florida 'cause I wanna play with it next weekend! :dance: