Kenla

I can't edit this image in Inkscape please help

I have been trying to remove parts of the attached image in Inkscape with no success. I am newbie but this is what I've tried. So far I've traced the image then tried the Bezier tool to create a shape around the unwanted text, my next move is to select both the new shape etc. but I ran into difficulties as I simply can't get them both selected in order that I can choose Path then do a difference in order to remove the unwanted parts. What am I doing wrong or not doing? someone please help.

post-7182-0-20526400-1303997516_thumb.jp

I have been trying to remove parts of the attached image in Inkscape with no success. I am newbie but this is what I've tried. So far I've traced the image then tried the Bezier tool to create a shape around the unwanted text, my next move is to select both the new shape etc. but I ran into difficulties as I simply can't get them both selected in order that I can choose Path then do a difference in order to remove the unwanted parts. What am I doing wrong or not doing? someone please help.

The fastest way I have found for this is to use the node edit tool, and select the unwanted text's nodes... and simply press the delete button on your keyboard..... the bezier tool is more for drawing shapes- although you could draw a shape, and then use the path>exclusion or some other tool like that, but in the end, its still there, only hidden.

The fastest way I have found for this is to use the node edit tool, and select the unwanted text's nodes... and simply press the delete button on your keyboard..... the bezier tool is more for drawing shapes- although you could draw a shape, and then use the path>exclusion or some other tool like that, but in the end, its still there, only hidden.

In re-reading this post however, it appears as though you're trying to manipulate a jpg file in inkscape? It would be MUCH easier in MSpaint. Just go to Start> Run> then type "pbrush" without the quotes, and then paste your image in there... then you can select and delete at will very easily, then copy back into inkscape to convert the center portion to vector art. The text, if any, you wish to keep, I would find the font, and re-create that portion as fonts NEVER trace very well. They look BAD.

In re-reading this post however, it appears as though you're trying to manipulate a jpg file in inkscape? It would be MUCH easier in MSpaint. Just go to Start> Run> then type "pbrush" without the quotes, and then paste your image in there... then you can select and delete at will very easily, then copy back into inkscape to convert the center portion to vector art. The text, if any, you wish to keep, I would find the font, and re-create that portion as fonts NEVER trace very well. They look BAD.

Thank you very much VM you input has cleared a few misconceptions.

you need an image application which applies to various formats, here is an image editor c# support jpg and can draw text on image easily. just install this software and import the image, choose the editing option you want to proceed.

hello, will the image editor you introduced compatible with inkscape. or it won't work for us. i have tested the trial version of yours, seems have a lot of features.

thank you for sharing.

Post a copy of your file if you want some better help. It's hard to figure out what is going on just from a description. Sounds to me like you did a trace so you should be able to just select and delete unwanted items. Typically I don't rely on trace to re-create text. It almost never produces a good copy. I would rebuild that file with all new text. The center graphic is relatively simple too. I think I would hand trace that out. THe background color may cause tracing imperfections. 

My steps to do this would include:

import the image

Select image and reduce the opacity to about 50%

lock the layer so it stays put while you work on top of it

in a new layer trace the center image by hand starting with the farthest back portions (golden mountains)

replace the text over the old to keep it in the same layout (assuming you are trying to duplicate the original)

When you are all done unlock the original pic and discard it and you are done. 

Goose, you been had. This thread is a couple of years old and the recent post looks to be spam. I would guess "Mostmore" and "Lucyfree" are the same person trying to get you to hit their link.