Sign in to follow this  
mvpstudios

Newbie lost regarding Importing and Vectorizing Images

I am pretty new to this and I have a Copam 2500. When I import an image into SB and set it to monochrome and vectorize it the image becomes really jagged. Below is a sample image of what I am talking about.

sbimport.jpg

I am doing logo decals for my sports leagues so I do hundreds of them at a time. I do the editing in Photoshop then I import them into SB. I am sure there is a better way. I have tried it with jpeg and eps files and I have the same issue. I am also having trouble with Sign Cut Pro as well.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Details of the trouble with Sign Cut Pro -- If you can tell more specifics somebody has a good chance of helping you.

As to tracing and having text come out good enough to cut - the secret is having hi resolution bitmaps (you seldom get high enough quality artwork) - and even then there may be some Jaggies- The best away it to identify the font and then reenter the text and numbers using that font to replace the imperfect characters.

I use and like a program Imagaro Professional Z which does a good job vectorizing logos - it's not a click once and done solution - there are steps to follow. -- watch some of the videos on their website to get the idea.

http://www.imagaro.com/

Welcome to the forum

-Mike

Details of the trouble with Sign Cut Pro -- If you can tell more specifics somebody has a good chance of helping you.

As to tracing and having text come out good enough to cut - the secret is having hi resolution bitmaps (you seldom get high enough quality artwork) - and even then there may be some Jaggies- The best away it to identify the font and then reenter the text and numbers using that font to replace the imperfect characters.

I use and like a program Imagaro Professional Z which does a good job vectorizing logos - it's not a click once and done solution - there are steps to follow. -- watch some of the videos on their website to get the idea.

http://www.imagaro.com/

Welcome to the forum

-Mike

Thanks Mike. I have tried to enter the text after the fact but then when I go to cut it the program doesn't recognize the text. Any idea on how to fix that? Also, I can hardly save anything in SB without it locking up and closing the program.

Thanks Mike. I have tried to enter the text after the fact but then when I go to cut it the program doesn't recognize the text. Any idea on how to fix that? Also, I can hardly save anything in SB without it locking up and closing the program.

Are you sending it to the cutter in SBE or Sign Cut Pro?

In either case - the things that get sent to the cutter are BY COLOR - what color was the text? Look at the cutting window in SBE and you will see a list of colors - selecting each of the colors shown in turn and the text will show in the cutting area when you choose it's color. HTH

If the color wasn't the problem I dbon't know what would make fonts not show up.

As to why a crash on EVERYTHING you save no Idea - what operating system?

-Mike