Kodama

mh871 leaving gaps up in lines

Programs being used are flexisign 8.1 and SignCut.

With both programs, there seem to be gaps in random lines.

I cut these same images with my friends graphtec without issue, and I also made them myself, so I know there are not any gaps with the drawing.

I've played with pretty much every possible setting on the machine and within flexi/sign cut, but with no success. Is there anyway to fix this?

Here is a picture to explain the issue better

IMG_20110415_081400-1.jpg

It looks like you ruled out the file and the software. Is this material you've cut before?

Bill

Yea, I always use Oracal 651. I just cut about 500 stickers at my friend's shop the other day, same pattern, oracal 651, flexi 8.1, just a graphtec machine. I even tried some Avery A-5 I had sitting in a box as well. No matter what I use, it comes out like this.

I just got the machine yesterday, and the headache it's giving me is making me want to return it already.

Does everything else you cut come out OK?

Every image, it's the same thing. Always gaps. Size range I've tried is from 3x3 to 24x6 using 10 different pictures (from clipart, my own designs, to text from flexi-sign).

you said you played with everything? does that include offset. What machine do you have?

Offset is included. Machine is listed in title.

Are those lines supposed to connect?

It kinda looks like there's something slipping. Do you pull enough vinyl off the roll for what you're cutting, is it catching anywhere during the cut?

Bill

Are those lines supposed to connect?

It kinda looks like there's something slipping. Do you pull enough vinyl off the roll for what you're cutting, is it catching anywhere during the cut?

Bill

I adjusted the rear roller pressure things a few times, from to the point to where it barely holds to the point where it leaves marks on the vinyl. The picture I showed is from when it was leaving marks on the edges from the rollers.

I've also tried cutting sheets, and using it on the roll (as I have the stand). Both seem to have the same result.

Could there be an issue with lag between my computer and the cutter? I doubt it as it is the same exact spot on every identical image, but I guess it's a possibility.

I can't offer any better suggestions but I would say that posting your settings might help a bit. Pressure, speed and offset? And how did you set the blade height? All these will have an affect on the cut... Also maybe your connection to the computer, usb or serial and what adapter if any?

if you are using flexi add some to the overcut - it is where the cuts start and stop - with the drag knife cutter it is turning the knife into the proper position as it starts to cut.